First Time Watercooling. Please HELP me put system together.

joewho

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2006
This will be my first time to try watercooling. I want to do it right and wish to start out cooling my CPU and Chipset, and add my two GPU's later.
Here is my system info:

LlanLi PC75 Case, has 4ea 80mm fans in rear none on top.
DFI Expert Mobo with Opteron 165 CPU
2EA ASUS 7800GTX TOP GPU'S
Silverstone 600w PSU

Here are the parts I plan on adding. Please let me know if there is a better part for this setup. I don't wish to mod if I don't have to.

CHIPSET WATERBLOCK DANGER DEN MAZE4

RESERVOIR DANGERDEN DUEL 5 1/4 BAY RESERVIOR

CPU WATERBLOCK SWIFTTECH STORM

PUMP SWIFTECH MCP655

RADIATOR SWIFTECH MCR-220

Any words of wisdom would be very helpful. Thanks

mcain591

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
Only thing that I would change to this, would be to purchase the Swiftec APOGE, instead of the storm. The APOGE is newer, utilizes a new and improved fin design, and is cheaper.
I agree and disagree with you on the chipset waterblock, as the Swiftec version is a little oversized. However, it is not really needed. Maybe look at purchasing a chipset heatsink and slap a fan on, as unless you plan to do some SERIOUS FSB overclocking, it is a novelty at best (It just is a pressure stopper).
Finally, ever looked at GPU w/cooling? This is very benificial, as many of todays videocards run at a max of 90degC+.

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
You will need triple 120mm rads to keep 3GPUs and CPU in the same loop. I suggest getting dual fans and modding them to 7v so the noise will be bearable.
If you want to use the Strom you have to get a pump with higher head, a DDC-2 with a modded top from Petras or Alphacool (sold at performance-pcs.com) would be the best choice.
On such a large loop I wouldnt advice you to use the chipset block, as the previous poster said, just get a good mini HSF for it.
Make sure the blocks you get for the GPUs are non-restrictive. Maze4 would be the perfect choice but you can pick MCW60s too.

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Thats a nice, upgreadeable kit. But to add both GPUs youll need another rad, single 120mm will do.
Also since the loop will become almost twice as loaded you would want to run the pump at 13.8v so the CPU temps wont rise much.