Windows Expanded Full Screen

Hello Folks

I have heard of this before and have scrambled through different
newsgroups and Googlized it to death, and haven't been very
successful.

Machine has Windows 2000 SP 4
IE 6.0 SP1
User noticed a few days ago when she went to a website, she would
navigate to a link with a pdf file. When she opens the file it is
fine, no problem.
When she selects the print button, he print properties form takes up
the entire window. I thought it may be just an Internet Explorer and
adobe relationship issue and was very surprised that when I tried to
install some utilities the same thing happened.
Example
When a file with a .zip extension is attempted to open Winzip does the
same thing and she can't get to the bottom of the screen.
Being paranoid as always, I update AV, ran a system scan, updated
spyware utilities, ran that scan, removed anything suspicious.
Did an online scan @ Panda, removed other reported files and am still
getting the same symptoms.

Tried reinstalling/repairing IE. I really don't want to do the hammer
to kill the fly routine of formatting and starting over, because I
have seen this solution a while ago, which in my case could be many
moons.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Humbly yours

John Brown
Bears are always happy, we get to hibern8 and
now I am going back to sleep

This seems to be one of those cases where a program was closed and it saved
to the registry the final screen position. You'll need to run the program
in question, resize the window (by hook or crook) then close the program
nicely so that the settings are resaved properly.

"Br0wnbear" <brownbearat@canadadotcom.com> wrote in message
> Hello Folks
>
> I have heard of this before and have scrambled through different
> newsgroups and Googlized it to death, and haven't been very
> successful.
>
> Machine has Windows 2000 SP 4
> IE 6.0 SP1
> User noticed a few days ago when she went to a website, she would
> navigate to a link with a pdf file. When she opens the file it is
> fine, no problem.
> When she selects the print button, he print properties form takes up
> the entire window. I thought it may be just an Internet Explorer and
> adobe relationship issue and was very surprised that when I tried to
> install some utilities the same thing happened.
> Example
> When a file with a .zip extension is attempted to open Winzip does the
> same thing and she can't get to the bottom of the screen.
> Being paranoid as always, I update AV, ran a system scan, updated
> spyware utilities, ran that scan, removed anything suspicious.
> Did an online scan @ Panda, removed other reported files and am still
> getting the same symptoms.
>
> Tried reinstalling/repairing IE. I really don't want to do the hammer
> to kill the fly routine of formatting and starting over, because I
> have seen this solution a while ago, which in my case could be many
> moons.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Humbly yours
>

> John Brown
> Bears are always happy, we get to hibern8 and
> now I am going back to sleep

Noticed in IE. Tried your suggestion, that wasn't successful as you
cannot change the window size. It was first noticed when Adobe opened
and she selected the print button.
It was almost like she had played with either the Accessibility
options or .... something else in Control Panel.

still the same.

John