Terminal Server Stops Responding

We are having an intermittent problem with out terminal server. At times it
will stop responding to clients over the WAN. Local clients can connect
fine, and even the WAN clients can connect to other terminal servers over
the WAN. It tries to get to the log on screen and then eventually says
Timed Out. I have to reboot the server in order to fix this. Any ideas?

what does event viewer say about the TS service? What are the ping and
tracert stats from a typical workstation?