2000 server question.

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello,
I have a 2000 server that was upgraded from NT 2 years ago. This is the
DC and Exchange server. Two days ago my client came in and the Symantec v8
Real Time was showing as disabled. Tried to run a manual client scan and
nothing happens. The interface and console are showing as enabled. We are
upgrading to 10.
I can't get to the network connections. If I right click on Network
Places and go to properties, it takes 5-7 minutes to open a blank page. When
I go through the start menu (Expaned Menus) and highlight Network and Dial up
connections waiting for the nested menus to open. Nothing happens. Trying any
of these crashes explorer.exe. Must be restarted through task mgr. I've
booted to safe mode and updated the Nic driver with no improvement.
IE 6 opens to a blank page. Nothing in the address bar and nothing in the
status bar.
Everything on the network side is running fine. No users are reporting
issues. We ran spybot and found nothing unusual.
Thanks in advance.
--
Dan

Perhaps your client does not have his network properties setup correctly for
you network? Go to network prop. on client and make sure they have the same
protocols, services and parameters as a working pc on your network does. Run
ipconfig from cmd to see if ip address is in correct subnet for your network.

"Dan" wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a 2000 server that was upgraded from NT 2 years ago. This is the
> DC and Exchange server. Two days ago my client came in and the Symantec v8
> Real Time was showing as disabled. Tried to run a manual client scan and
> nothing happens. The interface and console are showing as enabled. We are
> upgrading to 10.
> I can't get to the network connections. If I right click on Network
> Places and go to properties, it takes 5-7 minutes to open a blank page. When
> I go through the start menu (Expaned Menus) and highlight Network and Dial up
> connections waiting for the nested menus to open. Nothing happens. Trying any
> of these crashes explorer.exe. Must be restarted through task mgr. I've
> booted to safe mode and updated the Nic driver with no improvement.
> IE 6 opens to a blank page. Nothing in the address bar and nothing in the
> status bar.
> Everything on the network side is running fine. No users are reporting
> issues. We ran spybot and found nothing unusual.
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> Dan

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks. The network connection is configured correctly for the network. Users
aren't complaining of any issues. I am able to use RDP back to my office.
Again, I can't get to the Network Connection properties.
--
Dan