Application Installation...

This question applies to the following operating systems:

- Windows 2000 Professional
- Windows XP Home
- Windows XP Professional

Question:

- How do you install an application or program to the "machine" instead of
to the "user"?

Detail:

- When attempting to install a new program on a computer with multiple
users, with Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP Home, or Windows XP
Professional, I'd like to be able to "force" the installation to default to
an "all users" status instead of the currently logged-in user.

As it is now, if Joe installs an application while he's logged in, when Jim
logs in and tries to run the application, he is presented a "now installing"
window and asks for the media to complete the installation.

What I'd like to be able to do is have Joe install the application and when
Jim runs it, it works.

Is there a setting for this? Is this even possible?

Thanx.