I need to know how dependable this computer is

jeremiah reese

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Here is a asus desktop that is refurbished... I dont know alot about it but the website does say that "The product has been refurbished by the manufacturer". I was going to get it as a gaming computer... be doing some internet games and thats about it. So you all think it will hold together or last? And how do i know if its okay to buy a refurbished computer for the future?

Heres the computer:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Factory-Refurbished+Essentio+Desktop+with+Intel%26%23174%3B+Core%26%23153%3B+i7+Processor/9721708.p?skuId=9721708&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=9721708&ref=06&loc=01&id=1218159404609

greenfield

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
Hello: Before going for the refurbished unit, here are a few additional points to keep in mind:

1. Shop around and get an idea of the cost of a new, similar computer first. Then make sure you get a big discount on that used model.

2. Make sure you get a written warranty, and read it carefully BEFORE shelling out your cash

3) Check to see if you are getting the manual, other documents and especially the installation CD and the original CDs for the other applications on the computer

4) Insist on using the computer for perhaps an hour, at least, to do different tasks (unless of course you are buying online). Surf the Web, check your email, etc. This will provide you with some assurance that it basically works

5) Be extra cautious if buying at online auctions. Check the seller's or Store reputation carefully.

Refurbished machines are not necessarily of poor quality. Be patient, be careful, and you can find yourself a good machine that will last for years

Best of luck on your purchase
later,G