Prb w/ Speech Recognition Engine - No Sound detected

Hello,

I do have Win XP Pro + Word 2002 therefore I installed SRE 5.0

I'm using a basic micro which is working great for all application except
this one (SRE)!

My problem:
1. the playback sound for the microphone is automatically set to zero
whenever I try to use the SRE
2. whenever the volume for the microphone is set to zero, SRE is not hearing
anything

This is extremely weird as playback is not necessary (just to hear what I
say in the Micro) but w/o it no sound detected ...

MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger & Skype all works fine ... Only SRE is
failing. I found an option to automatically adjust the recording level but
this does not help !!!

PAny help welcome

"Guiguyz" <Guiguyz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I do have Win XP Pro + Word 2002 therefore I installed SRE 5.0
>
> I'm using a basic micro which is working great for all application except
> this one (SRE)!
>
> My problem:
> 1. the playback sound for the microphone is automatically set to zero
> whenever I try to use the SRE
> 2. whenever the volume for the microphone is set to zero, SRE is not
> hearing
> anything
>
> This is extremely weird as playback is not necessary (just to hear what I
> say in the Micro) but w/o it no sound detected ...
>
> MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger & Skype all works fine ... Only SRE is
> failing. I found an option to automatically adjust the recording level but
> this does not help !!!
>
> PAny help welcome

This is a question for a Word newsgroup.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com