Sign in with
Your question

e6600 Overclock

Last response: in Overclocking
December 30, 2006 1:59:06 AM

I'm about to start the OC process on my e6600.

I read wusy's guide (great BTW)

I am using a P5B Deluxe and PC-800 Super Talent Ram with 4-4-3-8 timings.

To oversimplify things, it would seem that most people are able to get the e6600 to 3.2-3.6ghz. Would starting with FSB 400 x 9 multiplier and Vcore of 1.45, and Ram of 1:1 with 4-4-3-8 timings be a good place to begin.

I understand the whole stepping process, but this seems like a pretty reasonable starting place based on where people seem to end up.

I guess an alternative would be to go with FSB of 333ghz x 9 and Vcore of 1.40 or so. That would get me to 3.0ghz and I could go from there.

Any advice or experience??

More about : e6600 overclock

December 30, 2006 4:46:05 PM

Your own requirements are going to vary wildly. If I were you, I'd start by jumping to 3.2ghz (355 fsb) w/o touching anything. If you fail jump back to 3ghz. I'm completely stable at 3.2ghz w/o moving anything from defaults. At that point I've clocked up to 3.7ghz w/o touching anything but vcore.

The way I see it, the problem with starting at a high value with everything ramped up... you end up spending more time rolling everything back. You're left unsure which values are really responsible for your stable overclock.

Quote:
I guess an alternative would be to go with FSB of 333ghz x 9 and Vcore of 1.40 or so. That would get me to 3.0ghz and I could go from there.

If you start this low, definitely don't up the vcore to 1.4 as a default. Like I said above, it is likely you won't need anywhere near that high. Try 333 at your default voltage. (ie, some value not too far above your VID)
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 30, 2006 7:00:51 PM

I agree with forumtroll.

Quote:
You're left unsure which values are really responsible for your stable overclock.

It would benefit you to not shortcut the OC process. As I OC'd my E6600, I documented every 100Mhz step, which allowed me to build "settings" tables, from 3.3Ghz max stable OC at stock vCore, thru 3.7Ghz. It's important to isolate and identify FSB, CPU, RAM, frequency, voltage and temp limits.
!