where's the deleted file from a network share drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi,
Sorry for this stupid question.
If i've deleted a file on the network shared drive, it's not in my recycle
bin or recycel bin on server, then how can i recover it. THanks

calvin

The recycle bin is for local drives only, which you just found out. There
are third party tools that can accomplish this such as symantec and
executive software. There are third party tools available that handle this,
such as Emergency Undelete from http://www.undelete.com/coverpage.asp and
others. Deleting the files only marks the space as available to use so the
sooner you stop using the drive the better chance you'll have of recovery.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]