i lost my tape backup history can't do restore

Tags:
  • Backup
  • Microsoft
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
June 2, 2005 8:09:01 PM

hi ... everytime you make a backup using windows backup it keeps a record for
that process so you will use it when you restore your data, i lost this
history or archive and now i can't restore anydata from the magnetic tapes i
used for backup.
is there any way to recreat the cataloge or the archive out of the magnatic
tapes?
please help.

samer

More about : lost tape backup history restore

Anonymous
June 2, 2005 11:33:00 PM

From: "Samer" <Samer@discussions.microsoft.com>

| hi ... everytime you make a backup using windows backup it keeps a record for
| that process so you will use it when you restore your data, i lost this
| history or archive and now i can't restore anydata from the magnetic tapes i
| used for backup.
| is there any way to recreat the cataloge or the archive out of the magnatic
| tapes?
| please help.
|
| samer

Read it off the tape.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

sorry but i don't have a virus , i lost the backup cataloge, and i can't do a
restor operation because i don't have the cataloge and i don't know how to
generate it out of the backup tape i used.
thanks

!