How to delete Outlook email WM2003SE

March 28, 2005 12:12:04 PM

Hi

I originally synced my inbox from Outlook, but now I want to remove all
traces on my PPC. I tried unchecking the active sync setting, but it kept
all the mail on the PPC. I need to wipe out totally the outlook sync. I
tried deleteing messages, but the folders are still there. Any registry,
database, file etc to change - no problem I can do that - just need to know
which ones.

thx
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 7:16:33 PM

Hi

Have you considered hardresetting the device, so your back to factory
setting, this way all information on the device is removed....

If you only want to remove emails i think the only way is to simply mark the
mails and delete them..
--

Regards,
Allan Boegild Pedersen

"Sobriez" <sobriez@hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hi
>
> I originally synced my inbox from Outlook, but now I want to remove all
> traces on my PPC. I tried unchecking the active sync setting, but it kept
> all the mail on the PPC. I need to wipe out totally the outlook sync. I
> tried deleteing messages, but the folders are still there. Any registry,
> database, file etc to change - no problem I can do that - just need to
> know
> which ones.
>

> thx

Anonymous
March 28, 2005 7:16:34 PM

Yes, I considered this as a last resort - but don't want to reinstall all my
custom apps...

"Allan Boegild Pedersen" <abp@Removethis.mail.dk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Have you considered hardresetting the device, so your back to factory
> setting, this way all information on the device is removed....
>
> If you only want to remove emails i think the only way is to simply mark
the
> mails and delete them..
> --
>
> Regards,
> Allan Boegild Pedersen
>
> "Sobriez" <sobriez@hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> > Hi
> >
> > I originally synced my inbox from Outlook, but now I want to remove all
> > traces on my PPC. I tried unchecking the active sync setting, but it
kept
> > all the mail on the PPC. I need to wipe out totally the outlook sync.
> > tried deleteing messages, but the folders are still there. Any
registry,
> > database, file etc to change - no problem I can do that - just need to
> > know
> > which ones.
> >

> > thx

Anonymous
March 29, 2005 1:52:26 AM

Hi,

In the current scenario, why don't you create a new Outlook profile and sync
the device with this profile. This way all your contents on the PPC will be
erased. Note that before you sync your PPC, the new profile should be
opened in Outlook.

Once done, delete the new profile then set the old profile as
default. Next, disable the Outlook information types in ActiveSync so the
info in Outlook is not synced to the PPC.

To create a new profile refer to the following MSKB article ---

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287072

Following the above method will clear all the Outlook information in a
single go. But if its only the Inbox folders you want to erase another
option would be as follows:

First make sure the Navigation Pane is checked under the View menu.

1. Create a new data file (.pst) file (File -> New -> Outlook Data file).
2. Open this file (File -> Open -> Outlook Data file).
3. Select the folders and temporarily move (Right-click and Move) the
folders to this file.
4. Sync the device and it will erase the folders that is present on the
device since it is no
longer available.
5. Once done, disable the Inbox option in ActiveSync and move the folders
back. If desired, delete the newly created data file after selecting it
under File ->Data File Management.

--
Regards,
Raj Pillai