FAX

January 22, 2005 11:52:43 PM

I have just reinstalled XP and when I installed the FAX option the fax
printer appeared in the Printers and Fax window, but when I open the Fax
console there is a note - All fax printers are inaccessible. But the fax
icon says the fax printer is ready.

Can any one help?

Don Hardie

More about : fax

Anonymous
January 22, 2005 11:52:44 PM

"DON HARDIE" <don hardie@iprimus.com.au> wrote:

>I have just reinstalled XP and when I installed the FAX option the fax
>printer appeared in the Printers and Fax window, but when I open the Fax
>console there is a note - All fax printers are inaccessible. But the fax
>icon says the fax printer is ready.

Is there an analog modem available in your computer? Fax will only
work with such a device.

--
(tm)
Anonymous

You need to open add/remove programs,then in L.sub-menu click on
windows components,then chk the box for Fax,you could/should edit the
others,when thru,you might be prompted for xp cd to install components.

"DON HARDIE" wrote:

> I have just reinstalled XP and when I installed the FAX option the fax
> printer appeared in the Printers and Fax window, but when I open the Fax
> console there is a note - All fax printers are inaccessible. But the fax
> icon says the fax printer is ready.
>
> Can any one help?
>
> Don Hardie

January 23, 2005 7:35:54 PM

Andrew

The box was ticked. Any other ideas

Don

> You need to open add/remove programs,then in L.sub-menu click on
> windows components,then chk the box for Fax,you could/should edit the
> others,when thru,you might be prompted for xp cd to install components.
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 7:35:55 PM

DON HARDIE wrote:
> Andrew
>
> The box was ticked. Any other ideas
>
> Don
>
> "Andrew E." <eckrichco@msn.com> wrote in message
>
>>You need to open add/remove programs,then in L.sub-menu click on
>> windows components,then chk the box for Fax,you could/should edit the
>> others,when thru,you might be prompted for xp cd to install components.

Seeing this recent discussion of the Windows FAX capability
stimulated me to try to evaluate it again. I went Add/Remove Prog.>>
Add/Remove Windows Components......checked only FAX and proceeded.
It went ahead but I didn't see anything happen, and it didn't
ask for XP CD. I didn't find a new Icon or anything added to
the Add/Remove programs list. Where do I try to access this FAX?

W B Lurie
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 7:35:56 PM

billurie@nospam.org wrote:
> DON HARDIE wrote:
>
>> Andrew
>>
>> The box was ticked. Any other ideas
>>
>> Don
>>
>> "Andrew E." <eckrichco@msn.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> You need to open add/remove programs,then in L.sub-menu click on
>>> windows components,then chk the box for Fax,you could/should edit the
>>> others,when thru,you might be prompted for xp cd to install components.
>>

> Seeing this recent discussion of the Windows FAX capability
> stimulated me to try to evaluate it again. I went Add/Remove Prog.>>
> Add/Remove Windows Components......checked only FAX and proceeded.
> It went ahead but I didn't see anything happen, and it didn't
> ask for XP CD. I didn't find a new Icon or anything added to
> the Add/Remove programs list. Where do I try to access this FAX?
>
> W B Lurie
No response needed at this time. I did a Search and found
it under Accessories>>Communication etcetera.
WBL

--
William B. Lurie
!