FAX

I have just reinstalled XP and when I installed the FAX option the fax
printer appeared in the Printers and Fax window, but when I open the Fax
console there is a note - All fax printers are inaccessible. But the fax
icon says the fax printer is ready.

Can any one help?

Don Hardie
5 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    "DON HARDIE" <don hardie@iprimus.com.au> wrote:

    >I have just reinstalled XP and when I installed the FAX option the fax
    >printer appeared in the Printers and Fax window, but when I open the Fax
    >console there is a note - All fax printers are inaccessible. But the fax
    >icon says the fax printer is ready.

    Is there an analog modem available in your computer? Fax will only
    work with such a device.

    --
    (tm)

    You need to open add/remove programs,then in L.sub-menu click on
    windows components,then chk the box for Fax,you could/should edit the
    others,when thru,you might be prompted for xp cd to install components.

    "DON HARDIE" wrote:

    > I have just reinstalled XP and when I installed the FAX option the fax
    > printer appeared in the Printers and Fax window, but when I open the Fax
    > console there is a note - All fax printers are inaccessible. But the fax
    > icon says the fax printer is ready.
    >
    > Can any one help?
    >
    > Don Hardie

    Andrew

    The box was ticked. Any other ideas

    Don

    DON HARDIE wrote:
    > Andrew
    >
    > The box was ticked. Any other ideas
    >
    > Don
    >
    > "Andrew E." <eckrichco@msn.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>You need to open add/remove programs,then in L.sub-menu click on
    >> windows components,then chk the box for Fax,you could/should edit the
    >> others,when thru,you might be prompted for xp cd to install components.

    Seeing this recent discussion of the Windows FAX capability
    stimulated me to try to evaluate it again. I went Add/Remove Prog.>>
    Add/Remove Windows Components......checked only FAX and proceeded.
    It went ahead but I didn't see anything happen, and it didn't
    ask for XP CD. I didn't find a new Icon or anything added to
    the Add/Remove programs list. Where do I try to access this FAX?

    W B Lurie

    billurie@nospam.org wrote:
    > DON HARDIE wrote:
    >
    >> Andrew
    >>
    >> The box was ticked. Any other ideas
    >>
    >> Don
    >>
    >> "Andrew E." <eckrichco@msn.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> You need to open add/remove programs,then in L.sub-menu click on
    >>> windows components,then chk the box for Fax,you could/should edit the
    >>> others,when thru,you might be prompted for xp cd to install components.
    >>

    > Seeing this recent discussion of the Windows FAX capability
    > stimulated me to try to evaluate it again. I went Add/Remove Prog.>>
    > Add/Remove Windows Components......checked only FAX and proceeded.
    > It went ahead but I didn't see anything happen, and it didn't
    > ask for XP CD. I didn't find a new Icon or anything added to
    > the Add/Remove programs list. Where do I try to access this FAX?
    >
    > W B Lurie
    No response needed at this time. I did a Search and found
    it under Accessories>>Communication etcetera.
    WBL

    --
    William B. Lurie

Fax Microsoft Printers Windows XP