Bye Bye PC, Just Got PS3

Killercop

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2006
Sorry, spring launch 2006. And then it was delayed to november.

It was the blue-ray diodes wich was the factory problem. There have been so many rumors and statement that it was the Cell's fault but that was just air.

The blue-ray diodes make the blue laser, there, the core of the problem is the diode.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
Please read all the post on the page before this before commenting please.

I have been reading. All of them. You noted the graphics, because they interest you. Thats fine. My PCs graphics beats yours PS3s. I dont care. If Im playing a game I play for fun, or distraction. If the graphics help me play better, great, if not, or if they diminish the fun, I turn them down.

Again, the PS3s graphics are static. You will not be upgrading them or "tweaking" their graphics. The only thing left to you is gameplay, or blu ray viewing. I highly doubt any future PS3 titles are going to provide any stunning advances in either graphics or AI. If graphics are what turns you on, Im willing to bet you are going to be getting turned off in the not so distant future as PC graphics continue evolving while PS are fixed until PS4(?) comes out.

What if the New PS3 titles all tank and HD becomes "the" format? Your $600 was wasted. If youve got ample money, then no skin off your behind other than the time spent replacing the console/titles. If PS3 comes out with some killer titles and Blu Ray takes over good for you. Either way, my DT will be adaptable and play any titles ported for it as well as either Blu Ray, HD or both.

Regardless, all consoles today are relatively static. As consoles continue to evolve (read the other posts in this thread) its a good bet they may evolve into some form of PC, perhaps upgradable (one would hope) perhaps not. If they become upgradable, modularized "easy"PCs, great. Great for you, great for everyone who invests in one. If not you will never have a upgrade path, and always be stuck with what you bought. Just as you are now with PS3.All you an do is hope the titles come and Blu Ray takes the format war.