Service Pack 4, lost Internet

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

If I install SP4, I lose all Internet, when I remove it, Internet is fine. I
can't figure it out. I removed all anti virus before installing, there is no
software firewall. I have done extensive searches on the net, found many
people having the same problem but no solutions. I am hoping that I might
have missed the solution. Any ideas?

Thanks,

-s-

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Also I forgot to mention that the machine IS getting an IP from my router.

Thanks,

-s-

"Steve" <no_one@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If I install SP4, I lose all Internet, when I remove it, Internet is fine.
> can't figure it out. I removed all anti virus before installing, there is
no
> software firewall. I have done extensive searches on the net, found many
> people having the same problem but no solutions. I am hoping that I might
> have missed the solution. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -s-

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Incase anyone is interested, I finally fixed it. I decided to download SP3
and install it, then get the updates for it, then installed SP4 and all is
well.