Sign in with
Your question

Trouble Flashing P5W DH Deluxe Bios

Last response: in Overclocking
December 30, 2006 3:48:48 AM

Trying to update my bios on a new rig, wanted to put 1707 on my P5w DH Deluxe, but of course the one thing you still need a floppy drive for and I didn't install one this time, figured to use the USB drive, so I threw the 1707.rom onto the USB drive and plugged it in, at post hit alt+ f2, this does the quick flash thing. The system read the USB, started reading 1707.rom, then beeped 5 times and went back to checking the floppy and cd-rom, then it would cycle back to the usb, read the file, beep and go on in an endless loop.

Any suggestions?
January 3, 2007 8:29:06 AM

What about Asus Update? It lets you do it from Windows.
January 3, 2007 7:21:45 PM

Try typing 1707 not 1707.bin on your USB flash drive and try again.

Oh yes you can use Asus Update program. But i do recommend flashing your bios in dos.
Related resources
January 3, 2007 9:47:49 PM

I've been flashing within Windows and it's been fine with 3 upgrades. Sarsoft...if it's working within windows why do you recommend using dos?
January 3, 2007 10:23:09 PM

Quote:
I've been flashing within Windows and it's been fine with 3 upgrades. Sarsoft...if it's working within windows why do you recommend using dos?

Its safer. Yes in windows its much faster. Yes i have tryed it with Asus Update without a glitch numerous times. I recommend and others will perfer in dos then in windows. Better safe then sorry. :) 
January 3, 2007 11:50:57 PM

Not a real danger but having the bootable disk never hurts anyone :wink:
January 4, 2007 12:05:55 AM

Quote:
Not a real danger but having the bootable disk never hurts anyone :wink:

:D  Good old 1.44MB floopy.
!