Trouble Flashing P5W DH Deluxe Bios

Trying to update my bios on a new rig, wanted to put 1707 on my P5w DH Deluxe, but of course the one thing you still need a floppy drive for and I didn't install one this time, figured to use the USB drive, so I threw the 1707.rom onto the USB drive and plugged it in, at post hit alt+ f2, this does the quick flash thing. The system read the USB, started reading 1707.rom, then beeped 5 times and went back to checking the floppy and cd-rom, then it would cycle back to the usb, read the file, beep and go on in an endless loop.

Any suggestions?
6 answers Last reply
More about trouble flashing deluxe bios
  1. What about Asus Update? It lets you do it from Windows.
  2. Try typing 1707 not 1707.bin on your USB flash drive and try again.

Oh yes you can use Asus Update program. But i do recommend flashing your bios in dos.
  3. I've been flashing within Windows and it's been fine with 3 upgrades. Sarsoft...if it's working within windows why do you recommend using dos?
  4. Quote:
    I've been flashing within Windows and it's been fine with 3 upgrades. Sarsoft...if it's working within windows why do you recommend using dos?

Its safer. Yes in windows its much faster. Yes i have tryed it with Asus Update without a glitch numerous times. I recommend and others will perfer in dos then in windows. Better safe then sorry. :)
  5. Not a real danger but having the bootable disk never hurts anyone :wink:
  6. Quote:
    Not a real danger but having the bootable disk never hurts anyone :wink:

:D Good old 1.44MB floopy.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards BIOS Floppy Disk USB Drive Overclocking