Solitaire

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
June 5, 2005 6:06:09 PM

Where does the Solitaire get its background and how to change it.

tia,
don

More about : solitaire

June 5, 2005 10:16:24 PM

Hi Austin,

After the post, I had them email me sol.exe.
I took the sol.exe file from the black background computer and placed it
on one of my boxes and the background opens green. So, that tells me
that it gets the background from somewhere other than the application.

Just for kicks, I'll take a look at the code.

Thank you for your help.
dc
==========

"Austin M. Horst" <anonymous@microsoft.com> wrote in message
I wouldn't, but if you must...
C:\WINNT\System32\Sol.exe
Use Resource Hacker to change the color
http://www.users.on.net/johnson/resourcehacker/
http://www.download.com/3000-2352-10178588.html

Austin M. Horst
June 5, 2005 10:16:25 PM

Sorry, Sol.exe is the app. The bitmap is in C:\WINNT\System32\cards.dll
If you just want to restore to green, copy the file from C:\WINNT\System32\dllcache\ or the Windows 2000 CD.

Austin M. Horst
June 6, 2005 12:49:37 AM

Thanks,

One question.
Will the cards.dll file from a W2K box work on an XP HE sol.exe file?
The cards decks are different and seem to be two different versions.

don
===========

"Austin M. Horst" <anonymous@microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:o 1Pp7EgaFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
Sorry, Sol.exe is the app. The bitmap is in C:\WINNT\System32\cards.dll
If you just want to restore to green, copy the file from
C:\WINNT\System32\dllcache\ or the Windows 2000 CD.

Austin M. Horst
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 12:49:38 AM

No. The libraries are different.
You would probably have trouble registering the 2000 dll on XP Home.

Austin M. Horst
June 6, 2005 8:48:20 AM

thx Austin

dc