Solitaire

Where does the Solitaire get its background and how to change it.

tia,
don
6 answers Last reply
More about solitaire

    I wouldn't, but if you must...
    C:\WINNT\System32\Sol.exe
    Use Resource Hacker to change the color
    http://www.users.on.net/johnson/resourcehacker/
    http://www.download.com/3000-2352-10178588.html

    Austin M. Horst

    Hi Austin,

    After the post, I had them email me sol.exe.
    I took the sol.exe file from the black background computer and placed it
    on one of my boxes and the background opens green. So, that tells me
    that it gets the background from somewhere other than the application.

    Just for kicks, I'll take a look at the code.

    Thank you for your help.
    dc
    ==========

    "Austin M. Horst" <anonymous@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    I wouldn't, but if you must...
    C:\WINNT\System32\Sol.exe
    Use Resource Hacker to change the color
    http://www.users.on.net/johnson/resourcehacker/
    http://www.download.com/3000-2352-10178588.html

    Austin M. Horst

    Sorry, Sol.exe is the app. The bitmap is in C:\WINNT\System32\cards.dll
    If you just want to restore to green, copy the file from C:\WINNT\System32\dllcache\ or the Windows 2000 CD.

    Austin M. Horst

    Thanks,

    One question.
    Will the cards.dll file from a W2K box work on an XP HE sol.exe file?
    The cards decks are different and seem to be two different versions.

    don
    ===========

    Sorry, Sol.exe is the app. The bitmap is in C:\WINNT\System32\cards.dll
    If you just want to restore to green, copy the file from
    C:\WINNT\System32\dllcache\ or the Windows 2000 CD.

    Austin M. Horst

    No. The libraries are different.
    You would probably have trouble registering the 2000 dll on XP Home.

    Austin M. Horst

    thx Austin

    dc
    =========

    No. The libraries are different.
    You would probably have trouble registering the 2000 dll on XP Home.

    Austin M. Horst

Solitaire Microsoft Windows