Closed Solved

Cant install Windows 7 64 bit. Mobo and CPU fine.

Hi there,

I just assembled a PC with the following specs:

-AMD Phenom II X4
- Mobo Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3
- 4 GB Kingston DDR3
- Good Quality PSU (Cant remember name)
- 500 GB SATA SEAGATE HD

This machine has been a total pain since I started working on it. Basicaly I cant install Windows 7 64 bits any version (no problems with DVD testesd on other machines beffore). But I could instal any 32 version, I guess there is something on the BIOS that i didnt did.

Any help?
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cant install windows mobo fine
  1. Best answer
    if you had xp on the hdd b4 make sure you delete all partitions and create a new 1.
    make sure you set hpet (high precision event timer) in bios to 64 if your using a 64 bit o.s. and that should be all you need to do.
  2. iRepair said:
    Hi there,

Basicaly I cant install Windows 7 64 bits any version.
    Any help?

You need to provide more information. When does the installation fail? Are there any error messages? What steps did you follow?
  3. Just take the HDD out and plug onto another computer and do a full format on all Partitions..
  4. Ok, Ill try to erase completely the HDD. During install I get error codes related to not being able to read the DVD, or some files corrupted, but I have used the same installation disk on many other computers.
  5. See number 18 in this thread if you have a 4GB (or larger) flash drive available.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/7686-63-common-questions-windows-version
  6. Buy a retail disk and throw away your pirated crap. Not all pirated media can be read in every DvD drive, go legit.
  7. daship said:
    Buy a retail disk and throw away your pirated crap. Not all pirated media can be read in every DvD drive, go legit.

Its legit, I work in an company, who bought 25 Windows Professional keys, only 5 CDs that are in the main office... Guess what? We copied original disks. Still legit.
  8. Ok I just solved it... I just changed from location, so I used another keyboard and it worked O.o WTF? :o

So thanks for everyone for your help... How I close the topic?
  9. If you think any of the responses here were particularly helpful, select one as the best answer and then I will close the topic.
  10. Best answer selected by iRepair.
  11. This topic has been closed by The_Prophecy
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows 7