Missing media but need files- new CD?

Upon runnig scandisk recently, I received a message box indicating that some
"original windows files" had been replaced, and that I should insert the CD
if I wanted to change them back to the default files.

I cannot find my media; I would like to purchase a new CD, but do not know
if this will mean I need to reformat the whole hardrive, ie, will Windows
accept a different CD than the one used during installation?

Yes

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"novice520" wrote:
<snip>
will Windows
| accept a different CD than the one used during installation?
<snip>

Yes, or you can cheat by reinstalling the latest service pack...