What Solution

I wanna build a small network (8 PC). But I don't have a HUB. then how can
i build? Can I use usb cable? or ...?

If I use UTP cable (peer to peer), can i make its cable to be pararel
circuit?
6 answers Last reply
More about what solution

    Bpk. Adi Wira Kusuma wrote:
    > I wanna build a small network (8 PC). But I don't have a HUB. then how can
    > i build? Can I use usb cable? or ...?
    >
    > If I use UTP cable (peer to peer), can i make its cable to be pararel
    > circuit?

    You need to buy a router and a hub,they are not much.
    -max

    what for I have to buy a routher?
    Wait.... we back to basic, What is a routher?

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/

    All you need to know about simple networking.

    "Bpk. Adi Wira Kusuma" <adi_wira_kusuma@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message
    > what for I have to buy a routher?
    > Wait.... we back to basic, What is a routher?

    Your options include:

    a) a cheap hub/switch, 2 NICs, and some CAT5
    b) 2 nics and a cross-over CAT5
    c) a laplink cable
    d) a null modem cable
    e) a USB link cable.

    None of these solutions should cost more than $25.

    > I wanna build a small network (8 PC). But I don't have a HUB. then how
    can
    > i build? Can I use usb cable? or ...?
    >
    > If I use UTP cable (peer to peer), can i make its cable to be pararel
    > circuit?

    Use 10 base 2 cabling (coax).

    "Bpk. Adi Wira Kusuma" <adi_wira_kusuma@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message
    > I wanna build a small network (8 PC). But I don't have a HUB. then how
    can
    > i build? Can I use usb cable? or ...?
    >
    > If I use UTP cable (peer to peer), can i make its cable to be pararel
    > circuit?

    Your suggestions only work with 2 computers. The OP said he had 8.

    So the options would appear to narrow a good bit to include:

    a) a cheap hub/switch, 8 NICs, and some CAT5
    b) 8 BNC-NICs, some BNC cable, 8 BNC-T's, and a 2 terminators
    c) some kind of wireless setup

    Option (a) is likely the cheapest and will provide the best throughput if
    using 100 Mb/s NIC's and switch. Option (b) will be limited to 10 Mb/s, and
    BNC hardware will be a little harder to come by. Option (c) is likely going
    to take a little more expertise to implement.

    --
    Tim Rude

    timrude@NOSPAM.hotmail.com
    (remove NOSPAM. for correct email address)

    "j9" <j9@1stamericanproperties.com> wrote in message
    > Your options include:
    >
    > a) a cheap hub/switch, 2 NICs, and some CAT5
    > b) 2 nics and a cross-over CAT5
    > c) a laplink cable
    > d) a null modem cable
    > e) a USB link cable.
    >
    > None of these solutions should cost more than $25.
    >
    > "Bpk. Adi Wira Kusuma" <adi_wira_kusuma@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message
    > > I wanna build a small network (8 PC). But I don't have a HUB. then how
    > can
    > > i build? Can I use usb cable? or ...?
    > >
    > > If I use UTP cable (peer to peer), can i make its cable to be pararel
    > > circuit?

Build Cable Microsoft Windows