System restarts automatically....

Hi,

I have Windows 2003 server enterprise edtion with service pack 1 (
all the updates patched).

configuration: Intel Xeon dual processor with 2 GB Ram.

My systems gets restart suddenly. it goes down 2-4 min then it is coming up.
This is happening unexpectedely in day or night times.

Please have a look at this error and let me know what could be done to stop
the unexpected restarts.

Thanks in Advance

Rizwan

It showed the following
when i check log.

Warning:
The reason supplied by user system name \Administrator for the last
unexpected shutdown of this computer is: Other (Unplanned)

Reason Code: 0xa000000

Error

The Windows Time service failed to start due to the following error:

The account specified for this service is different from the account
specified for other services running in the same process.

Error

The previous system shutdown at 5:00:04 AM on 6/6/2005 was unexpected.

Warning

The Security System detected an authentication error for the server
DNS/ns1.datapipe.net. The failure code from authentication protocol Kerberos
was "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon
request.

(0xc000005e)".
1 answer Last reply
More about system restarts automatically

    Not quite sure we're in the correwct NG, but I'll answer anyway....

    Try reapplying the SPs and patches. Your restarts may be coming from a
    network trojan, so you may have to do them from another network or (more
    likely) a CD/DVD.

    You could also try turning on a software firewall (like zone alarm)
    temporarily, to see if it is blocking something nasty...

    <rizwan_mk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >

    > I have Windows 2003 server enterprise edtion with service pack 1 (
    > all the updates patched).
    >
    > configuration: Intel Xeon dual processor with 2 GB Ram.
    >
    > My systems gets restart suddenly. it goes down 2-4 min then it is coming
    up.
    > This is happening unexpectedely in day or night times.
    >

    > Please have a look at this error and let me know what could be done to
    stop
    > the unexpected restarts.
    >

    > Thanks in Advance
    >
    > Rizwan
    >

    > It showed the following
    > when i check log.
    >

    > Warning:
    > The reason supplied by user system name \Administrator for the last
    > unexpected shutdown of this computer is: Other (Unplanned)
    >
    > Reason Code: 0xa000000
    >

    > Error
    >
    > The Windows Time service failed to start due to the following error:
    >
    > The account specified for this service is different from the account
    > specified for other services running in the same process.
    >

    > Error
    >
    > The previous system shutdown at 5:00:04 AM on 6/6/2005 was unexpected.
    >

    > Warning
    >
    > The Security System detected an authentication error for the server
    > DNS/ns1.datapipe.net. The failure code from authentication protocol
    Kerberos
    > was "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon
    > request.
    >
    > (0xc000005e)".

Windows Server 2003 Windows