water block video card instal problem.

AZDiablo

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2006
I purchased the H20-220 APEX ULTRA with the MCW60 video block. I installed the full set in computer last night. there are no leaks and the pump systems is running with no problems.

The problem is when I connected the monitor to the video card. the computer turns on and the pump is running, but the video card will not turn on. I have a Radeon x850 xt APG video card. can there be an issue with the video block shorting out the video card? the video card installs with 2 screws and I installed all the pieces to attach the block to the video card with all the plastic spacers.

StigHelmer

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2005
OMG, i had the EXACT same problem :D
And ofcourse i can't remember what I did to solve it..

Try the other output on the VC, and clear the cmos. Also some mobos have problems if you haven't turned off the "shutdown on CPU-fan fail" in bios..

Hope this helps, and make sure the tubing doesn't leak. Mine did, so my first x850 had to be RMA'd. The GPU-block fittings had come loose thx to a twist in the tube :(

AZDiablo

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2006
how do i reset the cmos?

*Edit*

I found how to reset the bios in my manual.

If anyone has any other fixes i would love to try them since i have no computer until i get mine fixed.

AZDiablo

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2006
i cleared the cmos as it explained to do in my mobo manual. i have a P4C800 E-Deluxe motherboard.

i then decieded to remove the GPU heat sink and put the stock on back on. that did not work either.

i don't have another video card to test it right now. but i am thinking its not the video card anymore and may have something to do with the motherboard its self.