RIS error: TFTP timeout

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking (More info?)

Hi all,

I have a stupid issue but I'm not able to find a way to solve it ;-(
I just moved my RIS server from a Windows2000 SP4 to a Windows2003 SP1,
fresh install on new hardware.

When I enable PXE boot on my clients the DHCP starts, assign an ip address,
TFTP starts but after four or five dots it time out continiously.

I found using netstat that the port 69 UDP is in use. Then using a old but
smart utility Fport.exe ( in WindowsXP emulation ) I identified the exe as
dns.exe

I then stopped dns.exe and 69 goes occupied by svchost.exe and using
procexp.exe I found that the istance is "svchost.exe -k iissvcs".

Then how to have my 69 UDP free for TFTP.EXE binding and then have my RIS
work again ?

Simone

P.S.> I know it should not be but the machine is a DC with DNS,ISA2004,RRAS
and RIS installed...

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking (More info?)

Fixed.

ISA Server was preventing outbond connections from itself to internal
network.
Once I added a rule to allow

localhost -> internal for all users all protocols

everything was working fine. Regards,

Simone