WIN2K SP4 & DOS application

I have a machine running Windows 2000 SP4 that routinely locks up when
attempting to switch a DOS application from running full screen to running in
a window. The machine has 2.0Ghz Pentium 4, 512MB RAM and a 40GB hard drive.
The application works fine when opened in a window, but then when you switch
to full screen and try to switch back it locks up as well. This application
works fine in both a window and full screen mode on a simlarly spec'd machine
running Windows 2000 SP4 as well as one running Windows XP.

Any suggestions (other than don't switch to full screen) ??

Thanks !

full screen to window switching problems usually indicate video card driver
or video card memory issues.... what kind of card do you have?

<Eric @ SEASH>; "Evansville" <EricSEASHEvansville@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:DB35DFF7-1929-4B41-9745-B1A0A26289C0@microsoft.com...
> I have a machine running Windows 2000 SP4 that routinely locks up when
> attempting to switch a DOS application from running full screen to running
in
> a window. The machine has 2.0Ghz Pentium 4, 512MB RAM and a 40GB hard
drive.
> The application works fine when opened in a window, but then when you
switch
> to full screen and try to switch back it locks up as well. This
application
> works fine in both a window and full screen mode on a simlarly spec'd
machine
> running Windows 2000 SP4 as well as one running Windows XP.
>
> Any suggestions (other than don't switch to full screen) ??
>
> Thanks !

I mentioned your thoughts to our "techies" and they put in a new video
card...seems to be working fine now. Thanks for your thoughts !