Computer Stuck in Safe Mode

Hi, folks. I really like a little help here. My PC is stuck in safe
mode, regardless of how many times I re-start. Even if I click
persistently the F8 and use the ’normal’ mode, it will still start in
safe mode. Nothing is helping me so far. I have researched here, and I
didn’t find any helpful tips.

Thanks in advance.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Computer-Stuck-Safe-Mode-ftopict540362.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1701359
4 answers Last reply
More about computer stuck safe mode

    What is the last change you did before the computer started going into safe
    mode? did you update drivers, install a new program?
    In safe mode go into msconfig by typing it in the run line. do a diagnostic
    startup and see if it boots into normal mode. If it does, its probably a
    driver or new program issue.
    do unistalls on the suspect programs. If that doesnt work, and you think its
    a driver, delete the suspect device in device manager and reboot into normal
    mode, with normal startup settings in msconfig until you track down the
    device thats causing the problems.

    "Waryaa" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, folks. I really like a little help here. My PC is stuck in safe
    > mode, regardless of how many times I re-start. Even if I click
    > persistently the F8 and use the 'normal' mode, it will still start in
    > safe mode. Nothing is helping me so far. I have researched here, and I
    > didn't find any helpful tips.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    > request
    > Topic URL:
    > http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Computer-Stuck-Safe-Mode-ftopict540362.html

    Um, this is a public Windows 2000 group.
    Msconfig isn't present in Windows 2000.

    "Colon Terminus" <Colon_Terminus@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > Um, this is a public Windows 2000 group.
    > Msconfig isn't present in Windows 2000.
    Its on Mine

    Joey wrote:
    > "Colon Terminus" <Colon_Terminus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Um, this is a public Windows 2000 group.
    >>Msconfig isn't present in Windows 2000.
    >
    > Its on Mine

    Then you added it; probably WinXP's version, which works reasonably
    well on Win2K, if one doesn't mind the orphaned registry entries.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm