Computer Stuck in Safe Mode

Hi, folks. I really like a little help here. My PC is stuck in safe
mode, regardless of how many times I re-start. Even if I click
persistently the F8 and use the ’normal’ mode, it will still start in
safe mode. Nothing is helping me so far. I have researched here, and I
didn’t find any helpful tips.

Thanks in advance.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Computer-Stuck-Safe-Mode-ftopict540362.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1701359

What is the last change you did before the computer started going into safe
mode? did you update drivers, install a new program?
In safe mode go into msconfig by typing it in the run line. do a diagnostic
startup and see if it boots into normal mode. If it does, its probably a
driver or new program issue.
do unistalls on the suspect programs. If that doesnt work, and you think its
a driver, delete the suspect device in device manager and reboot into normal
mode, with normal startup settings in msconfig until you track down the
device thats causing the problems.

"Waryaa" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> Hi, folks. I really like a little help here. My PC is stuck in safe
> mode, regardless of how many times I re-start. Even if I click
> persistently the F8 and use the 'normal' mode, it will still start in
> safe mode. Nothing is helping me so far. I have researched here, and I
> didn't find any helpful tips.
>
> Thanks in advance.

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Computer-Stuck-Safe-Mode-ftopict540362.html

Um, this is a public Windows 2000 group.
Msconfig isn't present in Windows 2000.

"Do Kim (MSFT)" <dokim@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is the last change you did before the computer started going into
safe
> mode? did you update drivers, install a new program?
> In safe mode go into msconfig by typing it in the run line. do a
diagnostic
> startup and see if it boots into normal mode. If it does, its probably a
> driver or new program issue.
> do unistalls on the suspect programs. If that doesnt work, and you think
its
> a driver, delete the suspect device in device manager and reboot into
normal
> mode, with normal startup settings in msconfig until you track down the
> device thats causing the problems.
>
> "Waryaa" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, folks. I really like a little help here. My PC is stuck in safe
> > mode, regardless of how many times I re-start. Even if I click
> > persistently the F8 and use the 'normal' mode, it will still start in
> > safe mode. Nothing is helping me so far. I have researched here, and I
> > didn't find any helpful tips.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> > request
> > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
> > Topic URL:

http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Computer-Stuck-Safe-Mode-fto
pict540362.html
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1701359

joey

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2003

"Colon Terminus" <Colon_Terminus@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Um, this is a public Windows 2000 group.
> Msconfig isn't present in Windows 2000.
Its on Mine

Joey wrote:
> "Colon Terminus" <Colon_Terminus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Um, this is a public Windows 2000 group.
>>Msconfig isn't present in Windows 2000.
>
> Its on Mine

Then you added it; probably WinXP's version, which works reasonably
well on Win2K, if one doesn't mind the orphaned registry entries.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm