New 80gb hard drive is 1243gb!

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In Disk Management it reads a hard drive that used to run fine in the
computer as 1243 gb instead of 80 gb. I formatted and did a clean install
and loaded all service packs in. But it won't recognize this hard drive
that I have used repeatedly before. Its got lots of data on it that I need
access to. (It was a backup.) ????

1) check the bios settings
2) run spinrite on the drive

"Bubba" <respondtogroup@here.com> wrote in message
> In Disk Management it reads a hard drive that used to run fine in the
> computer as 1243 gb instead of 80 gb. I formatted and did a clean install
> and loaded all service packs in. But it won't recognize this hard drive
> that I have used repeatedly before. Its got lots of data on it that I
> need
> access to. (It was a backup.) ????

TRENDING THREADS