8800 GTS bundles?

GSTe

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
Hey all. Thinking about getting an 8800 GTS, but can't seem to find much info on the software, etc you get bundled with the card. Heres what I have so far on the cards I'm interested in:

ASUS: Ghost Recon, 3d Mark 06 full version and GTI racing;
Foxconn: Restore it 7 and Virtual Drive 10 and USB joystick;
XFX: Nothing, jack sh1t, ***k all, diddly squat (ludicrous);
MSI: Serious Sam 2;
Sparkle: Call of Duty 2;
BFG: T-Shirt and mug;
Palit: ??????????
Leadtek: ??????????
Gigabyte: ?????????
Gainward: ???????????

Can anyone fill in any of the blanks? TY

Beastyben1

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
Sometimes the bundle can justify the higher price.

Saw somewhere the Foxconn bundle is valued at around $125, good if you use that stuff. I got that bundle with my Foxconn 7600GT just haven't installed it yet. Heard the clone/back-up software was good. USB controller is probably decent, I just will never use it.

Leadtek's usually have 2 games, check the Eggs' pictures.

Don't know bout the others.

-Ben

Parge

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
CoD2 is too boring. Its quiet, and there is no player interaction. I feel like im playing against the computer...

SOF2, beter game.

Quiet? Think you must have played it with the mute on! My housemates didnt let me play it because they couldnt stand "war sounds" through the wall on sunday morning!

by Quiet, i mean nobody says anything, nobody talks. I could just as easily be playing against bots.... I wouldn't know. I play for the social interaction just as much as for the sake of playing itself.

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
I agree, and Im a big COD fan. COD2 just doesn't please me. The game is too realistic. Especially in fogged regions of maps. There's too much to see someone else through it, yet sometimes there is not enough to where it looks like a mist.

Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005
I agree, and Im a big COD fan. COD2 just doesn't please me. The game is too realistic. Especially in fogged regions of maps. There's too much to see someone else through it, yet sometimes there is not enough to where it looks like a mist.

Agree. Even with my X360 version that annoys the hell out of me.

Parge

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
by Quiet, i mean nobody says anything, nobody talks. I could just as easily be playing against bots.... I wouldn't know. I play for the social interaction just as much as for the sake of playing itself.

Oh yeah, ok, though I find that problem with most online PC games, hardly anyone has mikes and I find it a very sterile experience. Use the 360 for online games mostly!

NumenorLord

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
How could you not like Dark Messiah? True, there were convenient spikes throughout the entire game, but the action was awesome. I wish Oblivion's combat was as fluid as Dark Messiah's. I got the eVGA 8800 GTX, and Dark Messiah (comes with the GTS too as someone already mentioned) is totally awesome. I don't know how the multiplayer is, but the single player is definitely worth a go.

Besides, just verify the CD key with your Steam account (or get one if you don't have one) and you can re-download Dark Messiah on any computer as much as you want. Sorry to hear you didn't like Dark Messiah. I enjoyed it immensely myself.

GSTe

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
Well episode could be condensed to EPS maybe, but ESP? You don't have to spell it out just spell it correctly, muppet.