lxgamer

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Hello,
I am planning to buy a dvd burner.. Today I went to market for a servey and I only found plextor 716A dvd buner available no other models of plextor.
my max budget is around 65 US$.
But I found on plextor webiste that 716A is discontinued.
Do I prefer this old model over new models of other brands i.e Sony, Asus which are cheaper.
Thanks.

dsidious

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2006
I've had a bad experience with a Pioneer burner. I replaced it with an LG 16x dual-layer a long time ago and it worked perfectly, never had a problem. It even managed to read some DVD's that didn't work on my other drive, a TSST. I see there are 18x LG models for around $40 now... My drive came with Nero and Power DVD. plus a bunch of other programs.

TPLAT

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
Out of the last three different models of Plextor burners I have bought the 716SA has been the most reliable Plextor burner, sofar I have been through 3 Plextor 760A burners all with problems, the first one quit recognising any type of disc put it it and the two replacement burners sent by Plextor had +RW issues. For the money there are a number of burners out there that are good burners for less money. The Samsung SH182 is a pretty good all around burner, by the way I wouldnt get to hyped up about the max burn speed, the only time I burn at max speed is to test a new drives max burn speed or for competition with others I know other then that I always burn at half the medias rated burn speed.

lxgamer

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
I have had very good luck with this burner Lite-On 20x and it's pretty cheap, but I mean there are alot of burners you can purchase, just do some browsing around newegg and look at some of the reviews Burners
i'm not going to buy Lite-on products any more... I've very bad experience with liteon.
I need a burner that will last long more than 24 months...

Joshatdot

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2006
I've used a NEC ND-3550A for about a year now...it's a great burner, naver failed me yet, even with cheep media!