The Temple of 1000 Tombs

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 4, 2005 2:47:24 PM

How did this get found?

All I have seen is the now much posted URL but I haven't come across a
link to it or any clues as to how it was discovered.

Anyone know?

More about : temple 1000 tombs

Anonymous
September 4, 2005 2:47:25 PM

"Les" <Les123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How did this get found?
>
> All I have seen is the now much posted URL but I haven't come across a
> link to it or any clues as to how it was discovered.
>
> Anyone know?

its a banner ad on neopets ( it comes up every 5 page for me ATM)
you can go once an hour
September 4, 2005 4:02:23 PM

~Kerry~ [kpmatias1NOSPAMplease@hotmail.com] said

> "Les" <Les123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > How did this get found?
> >
> > All I have seen is the now much posted URL but I haven't come across a
> > link to it or any clues as to how it was discovered.
> >
> > Anyone know?
>
> its a banner ad on neopets ( it comes up every 5 page for me ATM)
> you can go once an hour

Ah! Thanks.

I have banner ads turned off....
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 4:45:48 PM

more detailed info here http://www.nuttyaboutneopets.com/ aka
http://www.nuttyaboutneopets.com/plot.htm
"Les" <Les123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How did this get found?
>
> All I have seen is the now much posted URL but I haven't come across a
> link to it or any clues as to how it was discovered.
>
> Anyone know?
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 7:29:33 PM

"Les" <Les123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How did this get found?
>
> All I have seen is the now much posted URL but I haven't come across a
> link to it or any clues as to how it was discovered.
>
> Anyone know?

Here's a link http://www.neopets.com/desert/ldp/temple.phtml

Also saw this info on the Boards:-

From Jezzicat:-

Go on the no sign/no door passages till you find a door with a snake on it.

And from tradespaces91:=

I know dont go through any doors unless they have a maze on them, a snake
on them, or a line connecting colored dots on them. Until you find one of
those go through the tunnels.
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 9:38:12 AM

Thanks :)

"Paul Bennington" <paulbennington@bTlRuOeUySoEnRdSer.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Les" <Les123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> How did this get found?
>>
>> All I have seen is the now much posted URL but I haven't come across a
>> link to it or any clues as to how it was discovered.
>>
>> Anyone know?
>
> Here's a link http://www.neopets.com/desert/ldp/temple.phtml
>
> Also saw this info on the Boards:-
>
> From Jezzicat:-
>
> Go on the no sign/no door passages till you find a door with a snake on
> it.
>
> And from tradespaces91:=
>
> I know dont go through any doors unless they have a maze on them, a snake
> on them, or a line connecting colored dots on them. Until you find one of
> those go through the tunnels.

Anonymous
September 6, 2005 3:04:58 AM

Paul Bennington wrote:
> "Les" <Les123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>How did this get found?
>>
>>All I have seen is the now much posted URL but I haven't come across a
>>link to it or any clues as to how it was discovered.
>>
>>Anyone know?
>

> Here's a link http://www.neopets.com/desert/ldp/temple.phtml
>
> Also saw this info on the Boards:-
>
> From Jezzicat:-
>
> Go on the no sign/no door passages till you find a door with a snake on it.

The tactic mentioned on http://maraqua.net (matching lines of riddle
with symbols/colors, after 5 in a row the next one will have a library
door) seems to have worked...silly me didn't map out my first one
though so that's just a theory based on what I remember the doors being.

Next time around I'll actually keep track and see if that does work.
September 6, 2005 1:34:30 PM

Dreamstalker [me9@privacy.net] said
> Paul Bennington wrote:
> > "Les" <Les123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>How did this get found?
> >>
> >>All I have seen is the now much posted URL but I haven't come across a
> >>link to it or any clues as to how it was discovered.
> >>
> >>Anyone know?
> >

> > Here's a link http://www.neopets.com/desert/ldp/temple.phtml
> >
> > Also saw this info on the Boards:-
> >
> > From Jezzicat:-
> >
> > Go on the no sign/no door passages till you find a door with a snake on it.
>
> The tactic mentioned on http://maraqua.net (matching lines of riddle
> with symbols/colors, after 5 in a row the next one will have a library
> door) seems to have worked...silly me didn't map out my first one
> though so that's just a theory based on what I remember the doors being.
>
> Next time around I'll actually keep track and see if that does work.

The latest theory that is being well posted on the boards, about the
riddle identifying the shape and colour of the door, seems more
plausible to me than what is at maraqua.net. But which ever way, I think
we only have two out of the three bits of info so far at that there is
more to come perhaps.
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 1:34:31 PM

i found the way somehow - only takes me 3 steps to get to library - I have
read 3 of the 4 scrolls, too... but I don't know what that has done yet.
Nothing has been added to my tablet and nothing was added to inventory

"Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Dreamstalker [me9@privacy.net] said
> > Paul Bennington wrote:
> > > "Les" <Les123@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Here's a link http://www.neopets.com/desert/ldp/temple.phtml
> > >
> > > Also saw this info on the Boards:-
> > >
> > > From Jezzicat:-
> > >
> > > Go on the no sign/no door passages till you find a door with a snake
on it.

> > The tactic mentioned on http://maraqua.net (matching lines of riddle
> > with symbols/colors, after 5 in a row the next one will have a library
> > door) seems to have worked...silly me didn't map out my first one
> > though so that's just a theory based on what I remember the doors being.
> >
> > Next time around I'll actually keep track and see if that does work.
> >

> The latest theory that is being well posted on the boards, about the
> riddle identifying the shape and colour of the door, seems more
> plausible to me than what is at maraqua.net. But which ever way, I think
> we only have two out of the three bits of info so far at that there is
> more to come perhaps.
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 1:34:31 PM

Les wrote:

> Dreamstalker [me9@privacy.net] said
>
>>Paul Bennington wrote:
>>
>>>"Les" <Les123@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>Here's a link http://www.neopets.com/desert/ldp/temple.phtml
>>>
>>>Also saw this info on the Boards:-
>>>
>>>From Jezzicat:-
>>>
>>> Go on the no sign/no door passages till you find a door with a snake on it.
>>
>>The tactic mentioned on http://maraqua.net (matching lines of riddle
>>with symbols/colors, after 5 in a row the next one will have a library
>>door) seems to have worked...silly me didn't map out my first one
>>though so that's just a theory based on what I remember the doors being.
>>
>>Next time around I'll actually keep track and see if that does work.
>
> The latest theory that is being well posted on the boards, about the
> riddle identifying the shape and colour of the door, seems more
> plausible to me than what is at maraqua.net.

Isn't the riddle also on maraqua.net (that's how the doors are
identified)?
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 1:34:32 PM

has anyone tried to enter a door with a symbol above from a scroll they
read?

"moofenki" <xxx@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
>i found the way somehow - only takes me 3 steps to get to library - I have
> read 3 of the 4 scrolls, too... but I don't know what that has done yet.
> Nothing has been added to my tablet and nothing was added to inventory
>
> "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Dreamstalker [me9@privacy.net] said

> on it.
>> >
>> > The tactic mentioned on http://maraqua.net (matching lines of riddle
>> > with symbols/colors, after 5 in a row the next one will have a library
>> > door) seems to have worked...silly me didn't map out my first one
>> > though so that's just a theory based on what I remember the doors
>> > being.
>> >
>> > Next time around I'll actually keep track and see if that does work.
>> >

>> The latest theory that is being well posted on the boards, about the
>> riddle identifying the shape and colour of the door, seems more
>> plausible to me than what is at maraqua.net. But which ever way, I think
>> we only have two out of the three bits of info so far at that there is
>> more to come perhaps.

Anonymous
September 6, 2005 9:51:38 PM

"Les" <Les123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How did this get found?
>
> All I have seen is the now much posted URL but I haven't come across a
> link to it or any clues as to how it was discovered.
>
> Anyone know?

so no one has figured out how to quickly get to a library door?

I also don't understand how they got riddles.. Im kinda at a loss here, but
I do know I find the library a lot quicker the second time in a day.. aka I
go in, get tossed out, wait an hour and go back
September 6, 2005 11:27:58 PM

Dreamstalker [me9@privacy.net] said
> Les wrote:
>
> > Dreamstalker [me9@privacy.net] said

> >>The tactic mentioned on http://maraqua.net (matching lines of riddle
> >>with symbols/colors, after 5 in a row the next one will have a library
> >>door) seems to have worked...silly me didn't map out my first one
> >>though so that's just a theory based on what I remember the doors being.
> >>
> >>Next time around I'll actually keep track and see if that does work.
> >
> > The latest theory that is being well posted on the boards, about the
> > riddle identifying the shape and colour of the door, seems more
> > plausible to me than what is at maraqua.net.
>
> Isn't the riddle also on maraqua.net (that's how the doors are
> identified)?

On maraqua.net, last time I looked, they were equating a line of riddle
to the symbol above the door while on the boards the suggestion (last
night at least) was that in fact the riddle relates to the shape and
colour of the door. And when you read it (to me at least) the version on
the boards seemed much more logical than the version on maraqua.net.

But I still don't think we have all the clues yet and those who have
found a statue so far have done it more by luck than judgement, but time
will of course tell. :-)
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 11:27:59 PM

Les wrote:

> Dreamstalker [me9@privacy.net] said
>
>>Les wrote:
>>

>>>Dreamstalker [me9@privacy.net] said

>>>The latest theory that is being well posted on the boards, about the
>>>riddle identifying the shape and colour of the door, seems more
>>>plausible to me than what is at maraqua.net.
>>
>>Isn't the riddle also on maraqua.net (that's how the doors are
>>identified)?
>>

> On maraqua.net, last time I looked, they were equating a line of riddle
> to the symbol above the door while on the boards the suggestion (last
> night at least) was that in fact the riddle relates to the shape and
> colour of the door. And when you read it (to me at least) the version on
> the boards seemed much more logical than the version on maraqua.net.
>
> But I still don't think we have all the clues yet and those who have
> found a statue so far have done it more by luck than judgement, but time
> will of course tell. :-)

My one library door was pure dumb luck; I'm only assuming that the
color/shape tactic had something to do with how I stumbled on it. I'm
locked out now but will try again later...
September 7, 2005 2:27:15 AM

Dreamstalker [me9@privacy.net] said
> Les wrote:
> > On maraqua.net, last time I looked, they were equating a line of riddle
> > to the symbol above the door while on the boards the suggestion (last
> > night at least) was that in fact the riddle relates to the shape and
> > colour of the door. And when you read it (to me at least) the version on
> > the boards seemed much more logical than the version on maraqua.net.
> >
> > But I still don't think we have all the clues yet and those who have
> > found a statue so far have done it more by luck than judgement, but time
> > will of course tell. :-)
>
> My one library door was pure dumb luck; I'm only assuming that the
> color/shape tactic had something to do with how I stumbled on it. I'm
> locked out now but will try again later...

To get to the library you must go through one of the three plain doors
that have the symbol of either a snake, maze or joined stars thingy on
them.
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 3:08:51 AM

Les wrote:
> Dreamstalker [me9@privacy.net] said
>
>>Paul Bennington wrote:
>>
>>>"Les" <Les123@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>Here's a link http://www.neopets.com/desert/ldp/temple.phtml
>>>
>>>Also saw this info on the Boards:-
>>>
>>>From Jezzicat:-
>>>
>>> Go on the no sign/no door passages till you find a door with a snake on it.
>>
>>The tactic mentioned on http://maraqua.net (matching lines of riddle
>>with symbols/colors, after 5 in a row the next one will have a library
>>door) seems to have worked...silly me didn't map out my first one
>>though so that's just a theory based on what I remember the doors being.
>>
>>Next time around I'll actually keep track and see if that does work.
>>

> The latest theory that is being well posted on the boards, about the
> riddle identifying the shape and colour of the door, seems more
> plausible to me than what is at maraqua.net. But which ever way, I think
> we only have two out of the three bits of info so far at that there is
> more to come perhaps.
until now I have only found the library, with the maze on the door, no
statues yet......... I tried what maraqua.net says, with my riddle I
should then look for a silver oval, when I found one and clicked ion it,
I became buried in sand........ so I will try again in an hour, if I am
still awake then........

Henny
September 7, 2005 3:08:52 AM

any1 [someone@somewhere.net] said
> Les wrote:

> > The latest theory that is being well posted on the boards, about the
> > riddle identifying the shape and colour of the door, seems more
> > plausible to me than what is at maraqua.net. But which ever way, I think
> > we only have two out of the three bits of info so far at that there is
> > more to come perhaps.
> until now I have only found the library, with the maze on the door, no
> statues yet......... I tried what maraqua.net says, with my riddle I
> should then look for a silver oval, when I found one and clicked ion it,
> I became buried in sand........ so I will try again in an hour, if I am
> still awake then........

There are presumably twelve silver oval doors so we now need to know
which symbol to pick.
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 5:26:07 AM

Once an hour if you dont get to the library. If you do, it locks for 12
hours.

"daramark" <dara.butler@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:D JpTe.11345$I02.574057@news20.bellglobal.com...
> "any1" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote in message
>
>> I became buried in sand........ so I will try again in an hour, if I am
>> still awake then........
>>
>> Henny
>
> I just found this stuff out (I was away for the weekend) and I became
> buried in sand. Have a look at your lookup if you do. My pet is buried
> in Sand. LOL
>
> So we can try this once an hour? Or is it more like the Fishing Hole
> where you can try but sometimes it will be quicker than others. Is it
> only with one pet or can we try with all 4?
>

> daramark
> (I had a horrible week, went canoeing on the weekend and still have a lot
> to do to get things right, or liveable whichever)

Anonymous
September 7, 2005 11:31:09 PM

Before you click on the temple. Its text at under the picture of the
temple, it says it is "written on the door"

"BalrogKnight" <pitpawn-at-bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> ~*Connie*~ wrote:
>> "Les" <Les123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>How did this get found?
>>>
>>>All I have seen is the now much posted URL but I haven't come across a
>>>link to it or any clues as to how it was discovered.
>>>
>>>Anyone know?
>>

>> so no one has figured out how to quickly get to a library door?
>>
>> I also don't understand how they got riddles.. Im kinda at a loss here,
>> but I do know I find the library a lot quicker the second time in a day..
>> aka I go in, get tossed out, wait an hour and go back
> When I tried it I just went in the first colored door I found (which was a
> trap). When I went in the second time I found the library after just a few
> clicks.
>
> Then when my son tried I told him to just find the library. He clicked
> every different path found for quite some time but couldn't find a library
> door. There was one room though where one of the doors was sealed off
> (solid wall where normally a door wold be).
>
> Neither of us have seen a riddle yet. Anyone know how or where to get your
> riddle?

> News==----
> Newsgroups
> =----
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 11:33:20 PM

Did anybody notice the arrows to the left and right of the picture with the
doors/pathways? hmm? :o )

think laterally

"bodcat1" <bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca> wrote in message
> Before you click on the temple. Its text at under the picture of the
> temple, it says it is "written on the door"
>

> "BalrogKnight" <pitpawn-at-bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> > ~*Connie*~ wrote:
> >> "Les" <Les123@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >> so no one has figured out how to quickly get to a library door?
> >>
> >> I also don't understand how they got riddles.. Im kinda at a loss
here,
> >> but I do know I find the library a lot quicker the second time in a
day..
> >> aka I go in, get tossed out, wait an hour and go back
> > When I tried it I just went in the first colored door I found (which was
> > trap). When I went in the second time I found the library after just a
few
> > clicks.
> >
> > Then when my son tried I told him to just find the library. He clicked
> > every different path found for quite some time but couldn't find a
library
> > door. There was one room though where one of the doors was sealed off
> > (solid wall where normally a door wold be).
> >
> > Neither of us have seen a riddle yet. Anyone know how or where to get
your
> > riddle?

> > News==----
> > http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
> > Newsgroups
> > ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption
> > =----

Anonymous
September 7, 2005 11:33:21 PM

Yes, and I've never found a library door until I've clicked on at least one
arrow. veddy interesssting!

> Did anybody notice the arrows to the left and right of the picture with the
> doors/pathways? hmm? :o )
>
> think laterally
September 8, 2005 3:10:01 AM

Mikki~ [mikki721@charter.net] said
> Yes, and I've never found a library door until I've clicked on at least one
> arrow. veddy interesssting!

The lefts and rights just take you along the passageway to more sets of
doors (my longest passageway so far has 8 sets of 5 doors) so if you
don't use them liberally you are limiting your search to a very small
portion of the temple.
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 8:40:25 PM

I have found two different library doors, now :o O

I still have no clue what is going on

"Mikki~" <mikki721@charter.net> wrote in message
> Yes, and I've never found a library door until I've clicked on at least
one
> arrow. veddy interesssting!
>

> "moofenki" <xxx@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
> > Did anybody notice the arrows to the left and right of the picture with
the
> > doors/pathways? hmm? :o )
> >
> > think laterally

Anonymous
September 8, 2005 8:40:26 PM

>I have found two different library doors, now :o O
>
>I still have no clue what is going on

Hehe, yeah I found one, I'll find another one tonight when the tomb is
unlocked for me again... I've decided it's important to read all the
scrolls, though I'm not sure why! Ah well, eventually I'm sure TNT'll let
on what's going on, why we're all wandering around these tombs!

-Lois
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 11:32:48 PM

My prob is I have no idea which ones I have read already LOL!!

"gsulois" <gsulois@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >I have found two different library doors, now :o O
>>
>>I still have no clue what is going on
>
> Hehe, yeah I found one, I'll find another one tonight when the tomb is
> unlocked for me again... I've decided it's important to read all the
> scrolls, though I'm not sure why! Ah well, eventually I'm sure TNT'll let
> on what's going on, why we're all wandering around these tombs!
>
> -Lois

Anonymous
September 8, 2005 11:32:49 PM

>My prob is I have no idea which ones I have read already LOL!!

Ah, yeah, I'm being obsessive about keeping track! I can tell you where
about half my doors lead to. I have 14 levels mapped, screencaptured and
numbered/lettered for each door. Figured that would be the easiest way to
make sure I didn't walk around in circles! The library I had took me
about 10 minutes to get to this way, but then I could backtrack and found
out I only had to click on two doors to find... the hard part was already
done- finding the WRONG doors, hehe! Then for the library, I write under
the screenied door which scrolls I've read already.

Sick, I know!

-Lois
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 11:32:50 PM

> >My prob is I have no idea which ones I have read already LOL!!
>
> Ah, yeah, I'm being obsessive about keeping track! I can tell you where
> about half my doors lead to. I have 14 levels mapped, screencaptured and
> numbered/lettered for each door. Figured that would be the easiest way to
> make sure I didn't walk around in circles! The library I had took me
> about 10 minutes to get to this way, but then I could backtrack and found
> out I only had to click on two doors to find... the hard part was already
> done- finding the WRONG doors, hehe! Then for the library, I write under
> the screenied door which scrolls I've read already.
>
> Sick, I know!

Not! I think it's wonderful. My extra monitors are stuck in the garage for
the timebeing, so I am dealing with life without red, which affects more
colours than it should. ><

I finally wandered around and found one of my librarys. Took a long time,
and I know I was wandering in circles (I ended up at the beginning again,
little tab at the bottom says leave the tomb) and I think I am beginning to
recognize some of the corridors. If I knew how to do what you just
described, I would. :)

daramark
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 11:32:50 PM

"gsulois" <gsulois@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >My prob is I have no idea which ones I have read already LOL!!
>
> Ah, yeah, I'm being obsessive about keeping track! I can tell you where
> about half my doors lead to. I have 14 levels mapped, screencaptured and
> numbered/lettered for each door. Figured that would be the easiest way to
> make sure I didn't walk around in circles! The library I had took me
> about 10 minutes to get to this way, but then I could backtrack and found
> out I only had to click on two doors to find... the hard part was already
> done- finding the WRONG doors, hehe! Then for the library, I write under
> the screenied door which scrolls I've read already.
>
> Sick, I know!
>
> -Lois

Wow! Might I hire thou?
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 11:44:32 PM

BalrogKnight wrote in alt.games.neopets:

> Mine says:
> Banks of the mighty river
> Window into the soul

Ah-ha! This seems to confirm my theory, that the riddle refers to the
hieroglyphs. My riddle says,

Kingdom of the lightgiver
Window into the soul

Now: "window into the soul" is obviously an eye. And in fact, I did get
an interesting room with hieroglyphs (that "my pet studied") when I
clicked on a door with an eye over it yesterday. (But I was engulfed in
a jelly today when I tried a different eye-door -- different shape and
colour.)

I think "kingdom of the lightgiver" could be the rising sun picture --
but the first time I tried one of those doors I was buried in sand.
(OTOH, it may simply have been the *wrong* sun-door...)

"Banks of the mighty river" might refer to the double-wave picture that
I have seen on some of the doors.

Of course, this leaves out the other two elements of the doors puzzle:
shape and colour. There seems to be no hints for that, at least for the
moment.

Hours of fun for all the family... :-)

--
Anna Mazzoldi <http://aynathie.livejournal.com/&gt;

It is now quite lawful for a Catholic woman to avoid
pregnancy by a resort to mathematics, though she
is still forbidden to resort to physics and chemistry.
-- H.L. Mencken
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 12:35:11 AM

Mine always says:

A humble portal of stone (NO idea!)
Bright guardian of the night (The moon??)

"Anna Mazzoldi" <AnnaUsenet@iol.ie> wrote in message
> BalrogKnight wrote in alt.games.neopets:
>
>> Mine says:
>> Banks of the mighty river
>> Window into the soul
>
> Ah-ha! This seems to confirm my theory, that the riddle refers to the
> hieroglyphs. My riddle says,
>
> Kingdom of the lightgiver
> Window into the soul
>
> Now: "window into the soul" is obviously an eye. And in fact, I did get
> an interesting room with hieroglyphs (that "my pet studied") when I
> clicked on a door with an eye over it yesterday. (But I was engulfed in
> a jelly today when I tried a different eye-door -- different shape and
> colour.)
>
> I think "kingdom of the lightgiver" could be the rising sun picture --
> but the first time I tried one of those doors I was buried in sand.
> (OTOH, it may simply have been the *wrong* sun-door...)
>
> "Banks of the mighty river" might refer to the double-wave picture that
> I have seen on some of the doors.
>
> Of course, this leaves out the other two elements of the doors puzzle:
> shape and colour. There seems to be no hints for that, at least for the
> moment.
>
> Hours of fun for all the family... :-)
>
> --
> Anna Mazzoldi <http://aynathie.livejournal.com/&gt;
>
> It is now quite lawful for a Catholic woman to avoid
> pregnancy by a resort to mathematics, though she
> is still forbidden to resort to physics and chemistry.
> -- H.L. Mencken
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 12:35:12 AM

>Mine always says:
>
>A humble portal of stone (NO idea!)
>Bright guardian of the night (The moon??)

Mine is:
A humble portal of stone (I think I read on lupe plains this was the
regular rectangular door)
The waking dawn on the dunes (red?)

But then somewhere else says the lines correspond to the pictures? So
who
knows!

-Lois
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 12:47:08 AM

>Wow! Might I hire thou?

Hehe, sure... ;)

I'm guessing everyone's set-up for tombs is different, or I'd just set up
a website for my screenshots! But it's not too hard to do, just time
consuming. I'll try to not make your eyes glaze over: Open 2 windows of
Paint. For the first level, take a screenshot of the five doors, paste
into paint window 1, then cut out just the five doors section and put that
in paint window 2. Press the arrow on the internet screen to take you to
the next 5 doors and repeat. You'll end up with a string of doors, save
that as something like "temple01" meaning the 1st 'level' of the tomb.
Then click on the first door in that series. Open a third Paint window
and name the next floor "temple02". In "temple01" write in the door "2a"
or whatever letter would correspond to which section of doors you ended up
in when you clicked that door (don't forget to look both left and right to
see all the doors on that level!)

I'm up to 14 levels so far, and I've only found 1 library. But at least I
know which doors lead in circles now. My first time getting to the
library took me about 10-15 minutes because of making the screenshots, but
the next three times took me literally 3 clicks because I knew which doors
to click to get me right to the library.

Unfortunately, I get to start over in 3 1/2 hours because I read the 4
scrolls in library 1!

And I hope my explanation was coherent and helpful, sorry if everyone
knows how to do that, I'm hoping to help!!

-Lois
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 3:06:28 AM

Anna Mazzoldi wrote:
> BalrogKnight wrote in alt.games.neopets:
>

>>Mine says:
>>Banks of the mighty river
>>Window into the soul
>

> Ah-ha! This seems to confirm my theory, that the riddle refers to the
> hieroglyphs. My riddle says,
>
> Kingdom of the lightgiver
> Window into the soul
>
> Now: "window into the soul" is obviously an eye. And in fact, I did get
> an interesting room with hieroglyphs (that "my pet studied") when I
> clicked on a door with an eye over it yesterday. (But I was engulfed in
> a jelly today when I tried a different eye-door -- different shape and
> colour.)
>
> I think "kingdom of the lightgiver" could be the rising sun picture --
> but the first time I tried one of those doors I was buried in sand.
> (OTOH, it may simply have been the *wrong* sun-door...)
>
> "Banks of the mighty river" might refer to the double-wave picture that
> I have seen on some of the doors.
>
> Of course, this leaves out the other two elements of the doors puzzle:
> shape and colour. There seems to be no hints for that, at least for the
> moment.
>
> Hours of fun for all the family... :-)

I have used the explanation on maraqua.net, which gives me a meaning of
a silver oval. so off to silver ovals I went, and found the statue
today. In my history AND the addressbar I can see which scrolls I have
read already and which ones i still need.

Henny
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 3:08:20 AM

gsulois wrote:
>>Mine always says:
>>
>>A humble portal of stone (NO idea!)
>>Bright guardian of the night (The moon??)
>

> Mine is:
> A humble portal of stone (I think I read on lupe plains this was the
> regular rectangular door)
> The waking dawn on the dunes (red?)
>
> But then somewhere else says the lines correspond to the pictures? So
> who
> knows!
>
> -Lois

Mine says:

Bright guardian of the night
Window into the soul

Henny
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 7:07:21 AM

So once you have the screenshots, is it pretty linear (as in if you take the
first hall on the left of level 1 you will end up on the first section on
the left of level 2?)

> >Wow! Might I hire thou?
>
> Hehe, sure... ;)
>
> I'm guessing everyone's set-up for tombs is different, or I'd just set up
> a website for my screenshots! But it's not too hard to do, just time
> consuming. I'll try to not make your eyes glaze over: Open 2 windows of
> Paint. For the first level, take a screenshot of the five doors, paste
> into paint window 1, then cut out just the five doors section and put that
> in paint window 2. Press the arrow on the internet screen to take you to
> the next 5 doors and repeat. You'll end up with a string of doors, save
> that as something like "temple01" meaning the 1st 'level' of the tomb.
> Then click on the first door in that series. Open a third Paint window
> and name the next floor "temple02". In "temple01" write in the door "2a"
> or whatever letter would correspond to which section of doors you ended up
> in when you clicked that door (don't forget to look both left and right to
> see all the doors on that level!)
>
> I'm up to 14 levels so far, and I've only found 1 library. But at least I
> know which doors lead in circles now. My first time getting to the
> library took me about 10-15 minutes because of making the screenshots, but
> the next three times took me literally 3 clicks because I knew which doors
> to click to get me right to the library.
>
> Unfortunately, I get to start over in 3 1/2 hours because I read the 4
> scrolls in library 1!
>
> And I hope my explanation was coherent and helpful, sorry if everyone
> knows how to do that, I'm hoping to help!!
>
> -Lois

Anonymous
September 9, 2005 7:07:22 AM

>So once you have the screenshots, is it pretty linear (as in if you take
>the
>first hall on the left of level 1 you will end up on the first section on

>the left of level 2?)

Well, sort of but not quite... you'll know, for example that taking the
first door on level one will bring you to the 16th door on level 2. And
if you end up circling back to level 1, you can try door 2 on level one,
which may take you to door 8 on level 2. (or door 4 on level 8! I guess
'level' wasn't the right word for me to use to describe it, hmmm...)

-Lois, who's now sorry she just spent all her brain power on the Lenny
Conundrum. She only has so much brain power at midnight to begin with!
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 7:07:22 AM

>So once you have the screenshots, is it pretty linear (as in if you take
>the
>first hall on the left of level 1 you will end up on the first section on

>the left of level 2?)

ACK!! I just realized I did the Lenny Conundrum wrong, so I'm sure I
answered you wrong too, my brain just doesn't want to work tonight. Dang
time machine, won't work, I just need to go back 5 minutes and put in my
new Lenny answer... *sigh* :(  :(

-Lois, who is now going to sleep
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 10:51:16 AM

"gsulois" <gsulois@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >Wow! Might I hire thou?
>
> Hehe, sure... ;)
>
> I'm guessing everyone's set-up for tombs is different, or I'd just set up
> a website for my screenshots! But it's not too hard to do, just time
> consuming. I'll try to not make your eyes glaze over: Open 2 windows of
> Paint. For the first level, take a screenshot of the five doors, paste
> into paint window 1, then cut out just the five doors section and put that
> in paint window 2. Press the arrow on the internet screen to take you to
> the next 5 doors and repeat. You'll end up with a string of doors, save
> that as something like "temple01" meaning the 1st 'level' of the tomb.
> Then click on the first door in that series. Open a third Paint window
> and name the next floor "temple02". In "temple01" write in the door "2a"
> or whatever letter would correspond to which section of doors you ended up
> in when you clicked that door (don't forget to look both left and right to
> see all the doors on that level!)
>
> I'm up to 14 levels so far, and I've only found 1 library. But at least I
> know which doors lead in circles now. My first time getting to the
> library took me about 10-15 minutes because of making the screenshots, but
> the next three times took me literally 3 clicks because I knew which doors
> to click to get me right to the library.
>
> Unfortunately, I get to start over in 3 1/2 hours because I read the 4
> scrolls in library 1!
>
> And I hope my explanation was coherent and helpful, sorry if everyone
> knows how to do that, I'm hoping to help!!

You have helped! But how do you do the screen capture?
I get as far as opening two windows of Paint. If I highlight and copy the
doors section, Paint won't let me paste it. Paint won't let me paste
anything.

daramark
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 12:07:53 PM

gsulois wrote in alt.games.neopets:

> > Mine always says:
> >
> > A humble portal of stone (NO idea!)
> > Bright guardian of the night (The moon??)
>
> Mine is:
> A humble portal of stone (I think I read on lupe plains this was the
> regular rectangular door)
> The waking dawn on the dunes (red?)

Hmmm... then *this* probably is the rising sun picture, which I have
seen. And if so, what is "kingdom of the lightgiver", then? Mysteries,
mysteries...

--
Anna Mazzoldi <http://aynathie.livejournal.com/&gt;

You will be Told about it Tomorrow. Go Home and Prepare Thyself.
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 12:09:39 PM

bodcat1 wrote in alt.games.neopets:

> Mine always says:
>
> A humble portal of stone (NO idea!)

See someone else's reply: apparently there is such a thing as a plain
stone door (though I haven't seen it yet)

> Bright guardian of the night (The moon??)

That sounds very likely. I haven't seen a moon picture yet, but it may
be there somewhere.

I'm off to try the temple again, and this time I'll just wander about a
lot before trying a door. I'll let yous know if I find a moon, or a
better theory for my "kingdom of the lightgiver" line.
--
Anna Mazzoldi <http://aynathie.livejournal.com/&gt;

Catamarrano (sm): Tracotante navigatore solitario
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 2:08:45 PM

>You have helped! But how do you do the screen capture?
> I get as far as opening two windows of Paint. If I highlight and copy
>the
>doors section, Paint won't let me paste it. Paint won't let me paste
>anything

When you're on the internet page you want to screencapture, click the
'print screen' button on your keyboard, should be on the left above the
arrows (hope to narrow down your search a little!). That doesn't actually
print the screen, it just takes a picture of it. But it takes a picture
of the whole screen, so you need the two paint windows open to cut all the
surrounding stuff out of the picture and just end up with the doors.

Hope that's helpful, I'm a bit more awake this morning! ;)

-Lois
September 9, 2005 3:01:12 PM

Mikki~ [mikki721@charter.net] said
> "gsulois" <gsulois@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > >My prob is I have no idea which ones I have read already LOL!!
> >
> > Ah, yeah, I'm being obsessive about keeping track! I can tell you where
> > about half my doors lead to. I have 14 levels mapped, screencaptured and
> > numbered/lettered for each door. Figured that would be the easiest way to
> > make sure I didn't walk around in circles! The library I had took me
> > about 10 minutes to get to this way, but then I could backtrack and found
> > out I only had to click on two doors to find... the hard part was already
> > done- finding the WRONG doors, hehe! Then for the library, I write under
> > the screenied door which scrolls I've read already.
> >
> > Sick, I know!
> >
> > -Lois
> >
> Wow! Might I hire thou?

Everyone's tomb is different.

I am mapping mine using excel for what it is worth.
September 9, 2005 3:03:02 PM

Anna Mazzoldi [AnnaUsenet@iol.ie] said
> bodcat1 wrote in alt.games.neopets:
>
> > Mine always says:
> >
> > A humble portal of stone (NO idea!)
>
> See someone else's reply: apparently there is such a thing as a plain
> stone door (though I haven't seen it yet)

They mean the "normal" door shape.

> > Bright guardian of the night (The moon??)
>
> That sounds very likely. I haven't seen a moon picture yet, but it may
> be there somewhere.

There isn't one. :-)
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 5:03:30 PM

"Anna Mazzoldi" <AnnaUsenet@iol.ie> schreef in bericht
> Hmmm... then *this* probably is the rising sun picture, which I have
> seen. And if so, what is "kingdom of the lightgiver", then? Mysteries,
> mysteries...

I thought maybe that was the cup. It could be some sort of lamp maybe?
Just guessing... :)

--
M00ndreamz
****

> --
> Anna Mazzoldi <http://aynathie.livejournal.com/&gt;
>
> You will be Told about it Tomorrow. Go Home and Prepare Thyself.
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 5:19:39 PM

"daramark" wrote:
> You have helped! But how do you do the screen capture?
> I get as far as opening two windows of Paint. If I highlight and copy the
> doors section, Paint won't let me paste it. Paint won't let me paste
> anything.
>

> daramark

You could download Hello, it's free and if you blog it's very helpful, plus
of course you can take screenies! :~)
http://www.hello.com/setup.php
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 7:53:19 PM

I haven't been on much lately, so stopped by for a minute to thank you. I'll
read through more carefully, but thanks for taking the time to type this all
out.
;~)

"gsulois" <gsulois@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >Wow! Might I hire thou?
>
> Hehe, sure... ;)
>
> I'm guessing everyone's set-up for tombs is different, or I'd just set up
> a website for my screenshots! But it's not too hard to do, just time
> consuming. I'll try to not make your eyes glaze over: Open 2 windows of
> Paint. For the first level, take a screenshot of the five doors, paste
> into paint window 1, then cut out just the five doors section and put that
> in paint window 2. Press the arrow on the internet screen to take you to
> the next 5 doors and repeat. You'll end up with a string of doors, save
> that as something like "temple01" meaning the 1st 'level' of the tomb.
> Then click on the first door in that series. Open a third Paint window
> and name the next floor "temple02". In "temple01" write in the door "2a"
> or whatever letter would correspond to which section of doors you ended up
> in when you clicked that door (don't forget to look both left and right to
> see all the doors on that level!)
>
> I'm up to 14 levels so far, and I've only found 1 library. But at least I
> know which doors lead in circles now. My first time getting to the
> library took me about 10-15 minutes because of making the screenshots, but
> the next three times took me literally 3 clicks because I knew which doors
> to click to get me right to the library.
>
> Unfortunately, I get to start over in 3 1/2 hours because I read the 4
> scrolls in library 1!
>
> And I hope my explanation was coherent and helpful, sorry if everyone
> knows how to do that, I'm hoping to help!!
>
> -Lois

Anonymous
September 9, 2005 10:59:32 PM

> >You have helped! But how do you do the screen capture?
>> I get as far as opening two windows of Paint. If I highlight and copy
>>the
>>doors section, Paint won't let me paste it. Paint won't let me paste
>>anything
>
> When you're on the internet page you want to screencapture, click the
> 'print screen' button on your keyboard, should be on the left above the
> arrows (hope to narrow down your search a little!). That doesn't actually
> print the screen, it just takes a picture of it. But it takes a picture
> of the whole screen, so you need the two paint windows open to cut all the
> surrounding stuff out of the picture and just end up with the doors.
>
> Hope that's helpful, I'm a bit more awake this morning! ;)

Thanks!! I'll let you know if I can work it. It will take a while, I am
not feeling well, to go with my other stuff.

daramark
!