Yahoo Messenger Webcam problem

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
August 8, 2005 6:07:41 AM

I have a Logitech Pro 4000 on an XP OS on ADSL.
(Tried both from behind a router and direct modem connection)

Using Yahoo Messenger both my webcam and that of a friend is running at
very poor framerates. (roughly 0.77 frames/s)
On my friends side however, both images run smoothly which is very odd.

Supermode is unavailable my end, and is turned off the other end.

Even when testing the webcam, starting it up to only view it myself,
the framerate is horrendous. (Unless I stop broadcast)
On all occasions, it starts smoothly at a good speed for about 1
second, then the framerate drops and never recovers.

I've been to the Yahoo webcam help page and started the test there, and
it runs very smoothly there also.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be here please?

TIA.
August 19, 2005 6:14:19 PM

I always kind of wondered why my webcam worked so good when I was using
Yahoo when it didn't stream too good using an other method.

It might be that you're low on system resources, low on memory or
something like that.

Marty
http://marty188.bravehost.com/index.html
!