Making network cards working on 100MBPS full duplex

Hi,

Is there any way to configure all the network cards to run on 100mb full
duplex mode? may be through active directory or scripts?

please help

Mehra
3 answers Last reply
More about making network cards working 100mbps full duplex

    "Keshar Mehra" <keshar.mehra@tsrsnet.org> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there any way to configure all the network cards to run on 100mb full
    > duplex mode? may be through active directory or scripts?
    >
    > please help
    >
    > Mehra

    The default speed is always "Auto". Leave it at that speed
    and they will operate at 100 MBits/s if the network is
    good enough.

    Hi,

    Right Click Network Places -> Right Click Lan Card Connection -Properties ->
    Ethernet Adapter, Configure -> Advance Tab, Link Speed/Duplex Mode = Select
    value =100 Full Mode.

    Apply these settings to ensure that the Lan connection speed is 100 Mbps (or
    Auto). If this value is not set properly while win booting it will freeze to
    “ Preparing Network Connection).

    Regards

    Ramki

    "Ramki" <Ramki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Right Click Network Places -> Right Click Lan Card
    Connection -Properties ->
    > Ethernet Adapter, Configure -> Advance Tab, Link Speed/Duplex Mode =
    Select
    > value =100 Full Mode.
    >
    > Apply these settings to ensure that the Lan connection speed is 100 Mbps
    (or
    > Auto). If this value is not set properly while win booting it will freeze
    > " Preparing Network Connection).

    Not necessarily. I have seen installations that were forced to run
    at 100 MBits/s even though they were not capable of running
    at this speed. The result was a very high error rate and an effective
    speed of perhaps 1 MBit/s. The machines did not freeze but they
    became painfully slow.

Configuration Microsoft Active Directory Windows