Making network cards working on 100MBPS full duplex

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 8, 2005 6:53:20 PM

Hi,

Is there any way to configure all the network cards to run on 100mb full
duplex mode? may be through active directory or scripts?

please help

Mehra
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 3:55:16 AM

"Keshar Mehra" <keshar.mehra@tsrsnet.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to configure all the network cards to run on 100mb full
> duplex mode? may be through active directory or scripts?
>
> please help
>
> Mehra

The default speed is always "Auto". Leave it at that speed
and they will operate at 100 MBits/s if the network is
good enough.
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 10:52:03 AM

Hi,

Right Click Network Places -> Right Click Lan Card Connection -Properties ->
Ethernet Adapter, Configure -> Advance Tab, Link Speed/Duplex Mode = Select
value =100 Full Mode.

Apply these settings to ensure that the Lan connection speed is 100 Mbps (or
Auto). If this value is not set properly while win booting it will freeze to
“ Preparing Network Connection).

Regards

Ramki
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 4:35:49 AM

"Ramki" <Ramki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Right Click Network Places -> Right Click Lan Card
Connection -Properties ->
> Ethernet Adapter, Configure -> Advance Tab, Link Speed/Duplex Mode =
Select
> value =100 Full Mode.
>
> Apply these settings to ensure that the Lan connection speed is 100 Mbps
(or
> Auto). If this value is not set properly while win booting it will freeze
> " Preparing Network Connection).

Not necessarily. I have seen installations that were forced to run
at 100 MBits/s even though they were not capable of running
at this speed. The result was a very high error rate and an effective
speed of perhaps 1 MBit/s. The machines did not freeze but they
became painfully slow.
!