Error Code 31

GREGORY

In w2k I recieve error code 31 and D: drive not formatted
When clicking format I'm not allowed to format
When I check for my disk drives only A:and C: are listed
Please, How do I reassign a D: drive or istall it?
I've tried rebooting my my w2k and drivers disks but D: drive will read
nothing
Thankyou All

Cannot Access CD-ROM and "Code 31" Error Message in Device Manager After
You Remove Adaptec Easy CD Creator from Your Computer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;270008

Gregory wrote:

> In w2k I recieve error code 31 and D: drive not formatted
> When clicking format I'm not allowed to format
> When I check for my disk drives only A:and C: are listed
> Please, How do I reassign a D: drive or istall it?
> I've tried rebooting my my w2k and drivers disks but D: drive will read
> nothing
> Thankyou All

GREGORY

Bob thanks for the heads-up, I heeded your advice and all is aok

"Bob I" wrote:

> Cannot Access CD-ROM and "Code 31" Error Message in Device Manager After
> You Remove Adaptec Easy CD Creator from Your Computer
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;270008
>
> Gregory wrote:
>
> > In w2k I recieve error code 31 and D: drive not formatted
> > When clicking format I'm not allowed to format
> > When I check for my disk drives only A:and C: are listed
> > Please, How do I reassign a D: drive or istall it?
> > I've tried rebooting my my w2k and drivers disks but D: drive will read
> > nothing
> > Thankyou All

Glad to hear you're up and going, have a good one.