Triple+ 120mm Radiators

Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Performance
  • Swiftech
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
December 30, 2006 9:24:54 PM

I've compiled a list of possible triple and higher radiator options I've come across(I'm sure there are other options also):

Quad:
A) PrimoChill HE-Core 4x120mm (Dual Pass) $80 off moddersmart (looks like you need to buy shrouds, maybe not)

Triple:
A) Black Ice Pro III, $45 off performance-pcs
B) Swiftech MCR320, triple 120mm, $47 off jab-tech
C) Black Ice Xtreme X-Flow, $50 off jab-tech
D) Black Ice GT Stealth 360- $55 from jab-tech. Currently out of stock but said to be better than the Black Ice Pro III.
E) CoolingWorks CoolRad 32T $55 off jab-tech
F) Swiftech MCR320-QP (Quiet Power), $57 off performance-pcs
G) Black Ice GT Stealth 360 X-Flow, $60 off performance-pcs
H) AlphaCool NexXxos HC 240-LE, $70 from performance-pcs
I) PrimoChill Radiator Xtreme Series 320 $76 from moddersmart.com
J) Black Ice Xtreme 3, $79 off performance-pcs
K) Black Ice Xtreme 3 X-Flow, $79 off performance-pcs
L) LiquoCool Pro, $95 off performance-pcs
M) LiquoCoolExtreme, $100 off performance-pcs
N) Black Ice GTX 360, $130 off jab-tech
O)ThermoChill PA120.3 Triple 120mm Radiator for Lower CFM Fans, $135 off performance-pcs

Questions:
A) What is push-pull setup?

B) How can all of these be mounted- in a radbox or a similar setup?

C) Is there much difference between all of these and anything to show which might perform best?

D) Would simply picking a triple radiator that matches the brand name of your other parts be the best choice?

More about : triple 120mm radiators

December 30, 2006 9:32:10 PM

I too have the same questions, im liking that quad version with dual pass, anyways, dont forget the black ice 480 it's quad too
January 2, 2007 9:29:13 AM

Push-pull:

fan -> rad fan ->
fan -> rad fan ->
fan -> rad fan ->

one set of fans pushing air through, and on the other side of the rad another set of fans pulling the air through, much better air flow this way.
Related resources
January 2, 2007 10:25:08 AM

where do u screw them in? rad has fan holes on both sides? do you need long screws to go trough? what are gaskets good for? if you have a shroud should you get gaskets for the back side of your rad for the 2nd set of fans?
January 3, 2007 5:22:27 AM

//double post
Tool, check your a$s, the bull is sent to rape you is probably already inside. But its so soggy and loose in there I dont think youve noticed :wink:
January 3, 2007 5:26:11 AM

Quote:
Is there much difference between all of these and anything to show which might perform best?
Yes, there is. There are several factors in to which rad will perform the best and it depends on the conditions tested too.
But overall the PA series are currently the best radiators in the market.
Quote:

Would simply picking a triple radiator that matches the brand name of your other parts be the best choice?
No, because the majority of radiator manufacturers dont do blocks, so it would be impossible to pick. You need to pick your radiator according to your needs, not the brand.

Quote:
where do u screw them in? rad has fan holes on both sides? do you need long screws to go trough? what are gaskets good for? if you have a shroud should you get gaskets for the back side of your rad for the 2nd set of fans?
Small screw go in each side of the radiator, most radiators has already drilled screws on both sides. Gaskets diminish noise vibration from the fans to the radiator to prevent its amplification, if you like quiet, getting double gaskets will prove worthy as well.
January 3, 2007 6:59:49 PM

Quote:

But overall the PA series are currently the best radiators in the market.

Is that ThermoChill?
January 3, 2007 10:08:37 PM

Yes, Thermochill makes PA series radiators. But are you gonna trust a guy stupid enough to double post? :wink:

What is the rest of your setup going to be? Radiator choice will also affect fan choice as some are made for low speed fans and others will benefit more from a high CFM fan.
January 4, 2007 5:16:00 PM

Quote:

What is the rest of your setup going to be? Radiator choice will also affect fan choice as some are made for low speed fans and others will benefit more from a high CFM fan.

At this point I'm really just trying to learn as much as possible about all parts- I may want to start building and selling custom PCs if I can find a way to make that work. So basically whatever is best for price/performance/reliability.

At this point, it seems to me that would mean Swiftech's H20-220 kit.

But for my own personal system if I could put together something of greater performance for not more than $220, that would be nice.

CPU block:
maybe an Asetek Antarctica($36+ship from newegg),
swiftech apogee for $40 from moddersmart,
or Danger Den Copper TDX $53 from performance-pcs.com

Radiator:
Whatever is quietest and can do a push pull setup (quiet sounds good to me) and is a triple size or larger, but doesn't break the bank.
Radbox setup on the back sounds cool. I don't know if this can be done without a radbox- whatever works without too much case destruction goin on.

Pump:
Swiftech MCP655 ($80 from performance-pcs)
or Asetek Waterchill Extreme(has reservoir), $80 from newegg.- the software/control ability on this one may be good.

I'd want something that could fit a fan controller(if necessary- there would be tons of fans- 6 on the rad. plus my 8 on the case) /reservoir maybe in the same cd drive slot-double or single (or 2 singles, doesn't matter).
The reservoir should have water level monitoring too.
January 4, 2007 11:34:54 PM

The Swiftech kit is a good kit, but you can buy all the parts seperate for less money. Basically what I did.

Sorry if I missed it but what case are you going to be using this setup with? I personally don't use a reservoir as it takes up more space and can potentially let bubbles into the loop unnoticed if the case tips or moves too much. I like the T-Line setup for its clean look too.

My knowledge level regarding specific radiator performance is fairly low, as I have just recently built my first DIY water kit. See if Phreejak is around or read a few stickies in the xtremesystems.org forums regarding radiators. I would link, but I'm at work and that site is blocked for some odd reason.
January 6, 2007 9:06:46 AM

Quote:

Sorry if I missed it but what case are you going to be using this setup with? I personally don't use a reservoir as it takes up more space and can potentially let bubbles into the loop unnoticed if the case tips or moves too much. I like the T-Line setup for its clean look too.

NZXT Zero- a pretty huge case, I've got lots of room to spare- I think it might be good to have a cool looking glowing reservoir in the front.
!