Event ID: 13562
Date: 6/8/2005
Time: 9:32:04 AM
User: N/A
Computer: COLI2000
Following is the summary of warnings and errors encountered by File
Replication Service while polling the Domain Controller COLI2000.kbadmin.com
for FRS replica set configuration information.

The nTFRSSubscriber object
cn=kbcoli|repl,cn=kbcoli,cn=d933ff17-3b97-47a8-831f-64ec55c8892b,cn=dfs
volumes,cn=ntfrs subscriptions,cn=coli2000,ou=domain
controllers,dc=kbadmin,dc=com has a invalid value for the attribute
frsMemberReference.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: NtFrs
Event Category: None
Event ID: 13508
Date: 6/7/2005
Time: 9:32:43 AM
User: N/A
Computer: COLI2000
The File Replication Service is having trouble enabling replication from
COLI2000B to COLI2000 for c:\winnt\sysvol\domain using the DNS name
coli2000b.kbadmin.com. FRS will keep retrying.
Following are some of the reasons you would see this warning.

[1] FRS can not correctly resolve the DNS name coli2000b.kbadmin.com from
this computer.
[2] FRS is not running on coli2000b.kbadmin.com.
[3] The topology information in the Active Directory for this replica has
not yet replicated to all the Domain Controllers.

This event log message will appear once per connection, After the problem
is fixed you will see another event log message indicating that the
connection has been established.
Data:
0000: ba 06 00 00 º...

I tried using the ntfrsutl version form the server to the FQDN of the other
and received an "unknown host" reply.

The other server is off-site and should be a mirrored image of our on-site
server. It appears that they have not talked to each other for several
months. I believe that FRS is running on the other server and have only been
at this office about 3 weeks so I am still learning the details of the
network.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to correct these issues are greatly
appreciated.

Thank you.

Frank

Haven't personnally encountered your issues, but this site is usually fairly
helpful...

http://www.eventid.net/

"Frank" wrote:

> I have the following event codes in event viewer on my 2000 server:
>
> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: NtFrs
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 13562
> Date: 6/8/2005
> Time: 9:32:04 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: COLI2000
> Following is the summary of warnings and errors encountered by File
> Replication Service while polling the Domain Controller COLI2000.kbadmin.com
> for FRS replica set configuration information.
>
> The nTFRSSubscriber object
> cn=kbcoli|repl,cn=kbcoli,cn=d933ff17-3b97-47a8-831f-64ec55c8892b,cn=dfs
> volumes,cn=ntfrs subscriptions,cn=coli2000,ou=domain
> controllers,dc=kbadmin,dc=com has a invalid value for the attribute
> frsMemberReference.
>

> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: NtFrs
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 13508
> Date: 6/7/2005
> Time: 9:32:43 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: COLI2000
> The File Replication Service is having trouble enabling replication from
> COLI2000B to COLI2000 for c:\winnt\sysvol\domain using the DNS name
> coli2000b.kbadmin.com. FRS will keep retrying.
> Following are some of the reasons you would see this warning.
>
> [1] FRS can not correctly resolve the DNS name coli2000b.kbadmin.com from
> this computer.
> [2] FRS is not running on coli2000b.kbadmin.com.
> [3] The topology information in the Active Directory for this replica has
> not yet replicated to all the Domain Controllers.
>
> This event log message will appear once per connection, After the problem
> is fixed you will see another event log message indicating that the
> connection has been established.
> Data:
> 0000: ba 06 00 00 º...
>
> I tried using the ntfrsutl version form the server to the FQDN of the other
> and received an "unknown host" reply.
>
> The other server is off-site and should be a mirrored image of our on-site
> server. It appears that they have not talked to each other for several
> months. I believe that FRS is running on the other server and have only been
> at this office about 3 weeks so I am still learning the details of the
> network.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions on how to correct these issues are greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Frank

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks, I did use that website but still need some additional help.

Frank

"AndyVM" wrote:

> Haven't personnally encountered your issues, but this site is usually fairly
> helpful...
>
> http://www.eventid.net/
>

> "Frank" wrote:
>
> > I have the following event codes in event viewer on my 2000 server:
> >
> > Event Type: Warning
> > Event Source: NtFrs
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 13562
> > Date: 6/8/2005
> > Time: 9:32:04 AM
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: COLI2000
> > Following is the summary of warnings and errors encountered by File
> > Replication Service while polling the Domain Controller COLI2000.kbadmin.com
> > for FRS replica set configuration information.
> >
> > The nTFRSSubscriber object
> > cn=kbcoli|repl,cn=kbcoli,cn=d933ff17-3b97-47a8-831f-64ec55c8892b,cn=dfs
> > volumes,cn=ntfrs subscriptions,cn=coli2000,ou=domain
> > controllers,dc=kbadmin,dc=com has a invalid value for the attribute
> > frsMemberReference.
> >

> > Event Type: Warning
> > Event Source: NtFrs
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 13508
> > Date: 6/7/2005
> > Time: 9:32:43 AM
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: COLI2000
> > The File Replication Service is having trouble enabling replication from
> > COLI2000B to COLI2000 for c:\winnt\sysvol\domain using the DNS name
> > coli2000b.kbadmin.com. FRS will keep retrying.
> > Following are some of the reasons you would see this warning.
> >
> > [1] FRS can not correctly resolve the DNS name coli2000b.kbadmin.com from
> > this computer.
> > [2] FRS is not running on coli2000b.kbadmin.com.
> > [3] The topology information in the Active Directory for this replica has
> > not yet replicated to all the Domain Controllers.
> >
> > This event log message will appear once per connection, After the problem
> > is fixed you will see another event log message indicating that the
> > connection has been established.
> > Data:
> > 0000: ba 06 00 00 º...
> >
> > I tried using the ntfrsutl version form the server to the FQDN of the other
> > and received an "unknown host" reply.
> >
> > The other server is off-site and should be a mirrored image of our on-site
> > server. It appears that they have not talked to each other for several
> > months. I believe that FRS is running on the other server and have only been
> > at this office about 3 weeks so I am still learning the details of the
> > network.
> >
> > Any ideas or suggestions on how to correct these issues are greatly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Frank

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

OK, here is what I have so far. I did locate the actually error using the
adis editor. Under the Subscriber object that is getting the error, the
value is (null). So I know I have to correct this. My problem is that I am
new to this company, and somewhat new to AD, so I am not sure of the value
that should go in there. If I run dfsutil /clean, will this correct the
problem? If not, will it cause additional problems in this situation.

Since this company does not have the best documentation, how can I find or
figure out what that value should be.

Thank again.

Frank