monitor will NOT go into power off mode

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
a b C Monitor
June 8, 2005 12:29:09 PM

On our Windows 2000 server, the monitor will NOT go into power off mode after
the amount of time set in the power settings, if the workstation/server is
Ctrl,Alt,del into locked mode.

Is the monitor power-off supposed to work EVEN when the workstation is
locked ?

If so, what could be the causes for our server not doing this ?

Thanks.

More about : monitor power mode

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 8, 2005 3:46:01 PM

WPShooter - This is from a post i made 3 months ago

If the system has the CTRL-ALT-DELETE dialog box disabled, but has a
Security Warning Dialog box before the user logs in ... here is a work
around...

In HKEY_USERS (in the registry of course) Change the following Keys to these
values:
[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop]
"ScreenSaveActive"="1"
"ScreenSaverIsSecure"="1" --- doesn't really matter not used
"ScreenSaveTimeOut"="60"
"SCRNSAVE.EXE"="logon.scr"

At the Security Warning Dialog Box the .Default settings are used (.Default
is not associated with the Default User Profile) except the (Monitor)
PowerOff Settings

Once the Screen Saver becomes active it will then use the Last user's
Powersave configuration, which will then power down your monitor.

Note - If you set your .Default Screen Saver to 1 minute and the Last_user
has a Power Management - Monitor Off setting at 15 Minutes ---- The screen
saver will kick on at 1 minute and the Monitor will power off 14 minutes
later.

Hopefully this helps someone else out... I only spent about 8 hours figuring
out the relationships

Hopefully this helps

Grant Morgan
Product Certifiction Team