DOS app file locking

Don't know if this is the right group...but...we are a Win2000 AD shop
and have a 2000 member server that hosts a DOS application which
multiple people use. We have an issue where a particular file will
stay locked open (happens intermittently) and the app won't run until
we clear the locks on the file. I've seen this issue before in WinNT
4.0 and there was a hotfix for it but can't remember what it was. Are
there any known fixes for something like this with Win2000?

A couple of things to try:

1) Some REALLY old DOS apps require SHARE.EXE to be running to use the app
in a networked environment

2) You may need to tweak the DOS shortcut with a PIF editor