Network Backup Best Practices?

Can someone point me out to a site that contains "Best Practices" "How To's"
for network backup jubs using Win 2000 ntbackup.exe. I'm struggling with
which user rights to set/use for my backup account. I don't want to give the
backup account too many rights, but it needs to be able to access everything
we want backed up.

Currently we've created a backup user named backup@ourdomain.com and made it
a member of the Backup Operators group, but this account doesn't seem to have
access to other profiles and we'd like to backup a few desktops and
favorites. the backup jobs are scheduled on the server under this backup
account which is a domain account. Should we be scheduling it under a local
account? Can a local account be a member of the domain's Backup Operators
group?

Thanks for a helping out with something probably very elementary, but I
haven't been able to find a clear, comprehensive guide anywhere.

-Sol
--
Computers and music geek. Too bad I'm good at music and it doesn't pay, but
I'm lost with computers and it still pays.

    You should be able to solve the issue by making your domain backup account a
    local administrator on the workstations that you are trying to backup.

    "SolRodriguez" wrote:

    > Can someone point me out to a site that contains "Best Practices" "How To's"
    > for network backup jubs using Win 2000 ntbackup.exe. I'm struggling with
    > which user rights to set/use for my backup account. I don't want to give the
    > backup account too many rights, but it needs to be able to access everything
    > we want backed up.
    >
    > Currently we've created a backup user named backup@ourdomain.com and made it
    > a member of the Backup Operators group, but this account doesn't seem to have
    > access to other profiles and we'd like to backup a few desktops and
    > favorites. the backup jobs are scheduled on the server under this backup
    > account which is a domain account. Should we be scheduling it under a local
    > account? Can a local account be a member of the domain's Backup Operators
    > group?
    >
    > Thanks for a helping out with something probably very elementary, but I
    > haven't been able to find a clear, comprehensive guide anywhere.
    >
    > -Sol
    > --
    > Computers and music geek. Too bad I'm good at music and it doesn't pay, but
    > I'm lost with computers and it still pays.
    > http://www.greenleafave.com

Backup Microsoft Windows