Good Webcam setup.

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 10, 2005 5:40:13 PM

Hey guys.

Me and my roommates are looking for the best webcam setup for our
appartement. We are running a website where all our friends can watch
us go in the living room.

We are looking for a good USB or IP camera to use.
We would love to have audio bulti-in the camera.
If the camera would pan and tilt that would be great too, because the
room is very large.

Also, we would like to have this camera run by itself (if IP) or
trought a server (if USB) and run a live feed of audio and video where
our users would be able to connect.

We would also like the software to take snapshots a different interval,
or when motion, so we can keeop track of the activity from a webpage.

Anyone have ideas of software or products that we could use.

Thanks.

More about : good webcam setup

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 3:03:46 AM

On 10 Aug 2005 13:40:13 -0700, "mickey"
<mickey@cablevision.qc.ca> wrote:

>Hey guys.
>
>Me and my roommates are looking for the best webcam setup for our
>appartement. We are running a website where all our friends can watch
>us go in the living room.
>
>We are looking for a good USB or IP camera to use.
>We would love to have audio bulti-in the camera.
>If the camera would pan and tilt that would be great too, because the
>room is very large.
>
>Also, we would like to have this camera run by itself (if IP) or
>trought a server (if USB) and run a live feed of audio and video where
>our users would be able to connect.
>
>We would also like the software to take snapshots a different interval,
>or when motion, so we can keeop track of the activity from a webpage.
>
>Anyone have ideas of software or products that we could use.
>
>Thanks.

The below ivista video switchers would be the best bang for your
buck. Up to four cams running at once and a decent audio feed.

http://tinyurl.com/aopad
http://tinyurl.com/alvdl
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 1:13:33 AM

mickey wrote:

Hi Mickey
[...]
I use the Logitech Orbit / Sphere which does a good job under different
(indoor) light conditions. It has tilt / pan capability as well as a
built in mic.

> Also, we would like to have this camera run by itself (if IP) or
> trought a server (if USB) and run a live feed of audio and video where
> our users would be able to connect.
I am writing software for this cam.
Viewers can control the cam, either through motion jpeg (no audio) or
with a configurable windows media stream (with audio).

> We would also like the software to take snapshots a different interval,
> or when motion, so we can keeop track of the activity from a webpage.
My software supports snapshots for local storage or ftp upload in
regular intervals or with motion detection.
Those shots can be replayed as motion jpeg

> Anyone have ideas of software or products that we could use.
Have a look at it. It's free.
http://logisphere.seiz.ch/

> Thanks.
You're welcome :-)

btw. LogiSphere supports any windows video device, you don't need to own
a Logitech camera to use it. You can even use it as web server without
any camera attached.

--
LogiSphere - Webcam software for Windows
http://logisphere.seiz.ch