Can't get rid of fax printer on system tray

I printed a document to the built in fax printer.
A fax icon appears on the system tray. I can't
seem to get rid of it. As a service, it is apparently
already stopped. I don't see a fax-looking process
on the task manager. According to usenet, I can
delete the fax-printer from the printers folder, but
I really just want the stop the icon. Has anyone
figured out how (or if it is possible) to do that?

P.S. Separately posted to microsoft.public.win2000.general
and alt.os.windows2000

"Fred Ma" <fma@REMOVE_THIS.doe.carleton.ca> wrote in message
> I printed a document to the built in fax printer.
> A fax icon appears on the system tray. I can't
> seem to get rid of it. As a service, it is apparently
> already stopped. I don't see a fax-looking process
> on the task manager. According to usenet, I can
> delete the fax-printer from the printers folder, but
> I really just want the stop the icon. Has anyone
> figured out how (or if it is possible) to do that?
>
> P.S. Separately posted to microsoft.public.win2000.general
> and alt.os.windows2000

Reboot your machine. (Perhaps even just logging off
would make it disappear).