Need a wireless video camera setup??Please help.

joeldonald

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
I don't know if I am in the right place but I figured I would start here and maybe someone could direct me in the right direction.

The situation is as follows. My Dad is in the construction business. He is a contractor. 6 months ago he was injured and now is confined to a wheelchair. He is now trying to stay in the business. What he needs is to be able to see what is going on in places he is unable to access. For example in a 2 story house that is under construction he cant get upstairs to evaluate the work.

Now what I was thinking is with help he could have someone go upstairs and use a wireless video camera that he could watch live on a laptop or other monitor and tell the assistant which way to go and what to look at etc...I would like to find something that he could use realtime vs taping on a camcorder.

I was thinking something along the lines of a wireless internet camera. Having a laptop set up on a wireless network and so when he gets to a house he just opens up the laptop and gets to work.

I need something that is wireless, battery powered, portable. high resolution (need to be able to see details).

Does anyone have any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joel

slater

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2004
Don't know if you still need this but you should know x10 are very low resolution cameras, they are cheap but you get what you pay for. I would visit http://www.surveillance-equip.com and go to miniature cameras, transmitters, and monitors. they have very low light very small cameras, transmitters for 700, 1000, and 3500 foot and monitors as small as 1 inch. they should have everything you need in good quality equipment

slater