Outlook Express email problem

January 22, 2005 10:15:02 PM

The incoming server address keeps getting set to 127.0.0.1 instead of my
ISP's address/name.

I can manually change it to the correct address and email works fine until
reboot and then the 127.0.0.1 returns.

What is causing this and how do I correct it?

--
Dennis Eger
egerdr@dmrtc.net

Hi Dennis,

This is usually caused if the email protection option in your AV or Anti-spam software is enabled.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Dennis Eger" <DennisEger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2628D966-E8CE-401E-853D-AEC7C65F5D67@microsoft.com...
The incoming server address keeps getting set to 127.0.0.1 instead of my
ISP's address/name.

I can manually change it to the correct address and email works fine until
reboot and then the 127.0.0.1 returns.

What is causing this and how do I correct it?

--
Dennis Eger
egerdr@dmrtc.net
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 3:40:26 PM

Spyware? If Ramesh' suggestion doesn't fix it, download and run at least
one of the following Spyware clean-up programs; the first three and Pest
Patrol are free (One may ask for a donation--your choice.):

adaware

spybot http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

cwshredder http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

spyware blaster http://www.webattack.com/dlnow/rdir.dll?id=105693

hijackthis
http://computercops.biz/article-5199-nested-0-0.html

Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner
http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10247783.html

Pest Patrol Free Pest Scanner
http://www.pestscan.com/ScanOrTrial.asp

From Frank Saunders, MVP:
"CAUTION!!!!! Before you try to remove spyware using any of these programs
, download a copy of LSPFIX from any of the following sites:
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
(if your OS is Win2k or XP) The process of removing certain malware may kill
your internet connection. If this should occur, this program, LSPFIX, will
enable you to regain your connection."

For some other useful removal tools

Also do a full virus scan.

What one doesn't get, the others should.

Malv

!