Outlook Express email problem

The incoming server address keeps getting set to 127.0.0.1 instead of my
ISP's address/name.

I can manually change it to the correct address and email works fine until
reboot and then the 127.0.0.1 returns.

What is causing this and how do I correct it?

--
Dennis Eger
egerdr@dmrtc.net

    Hi Dennis,

    This is usually caused if the email protection option in your AV or Anti-spam software is enabled.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Dennis Eger" <DennisEger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2628D966-E8CE-401E-853D-AEC7C65F5D67@microsoft.com...
    The incoming server address keeps getting set to 127.0.0.1 instead of my
    ISP's address/name.

    I can manually change it to the correct address and email works fine until
    reboot and then the 127.0.0.1 returns.

    What is causing this and how do I correct it?

    --
    Dennis Eger
    egerdr@dmrtc.net

    Spyware? If Ramesh' suggestion doesn't fix it, download and run at least
    one of the following Spyware clean-up programs; the first three and Pest
    Patrol are free (One may ask for a donation--your choice.):

    adaware

    spybot http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

    cwshredder http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

    spyware blaster http://www.webattack.com/dlnow/rdir.dll?id=105693

    hijackthis
    http://computercops.biz/article-5199-nested-0-0.html

    Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner
    http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10247783.html

    Pest Patrol Free Pest Scanner
    http://www.pestscan.com/ScanOrTrial.asp

    From Frank Saunders, MVP:
    "CAUTION!!!!! Before you try to remove spyware using any of these programs
    , download a copy of LSPFIX from any of the following sites:
    http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
    (if your OS is Win2k or XP) The process of removing certain malware may kill
    your internet connection. If this should occur, this program, LSPFIX, will
    enable you to regain your connection."

    For some other useful removal tools

    Also do a full virus scan.

    What one doesn't get, the others should.

    Malv

    "Dennis Eger" <DennisEger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > The incoming server address keeps getting set to 127.0.0.1 instead of my
    > ISP's address/name.
    >
    > I can manually change it to the correct address and email works fine until
    > reboot and then the 127.0.0.1 returns.
    >
    > What is causing this and how do I correct it?
    >
    > --
    > Dennis Eger
    > egerdr@dmrtc.net

Outlook Express Internet Service Providers Email Windows XP