Security Alert preventing access!

SGT

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2003

I need assistance!
Each time I try to go to “My eBay� and/or “PayPal� I receive a “Microsoft
Security Alert� pop up window regarding security certificate which can not be
verified.

When this pop up appears, it freezes and locks itself; thus avoiding its
removal. It stays in the background while I go to other websites, but
prevents me from going to eBay and/or PayPal.

I have been going to and using these sites for years; now (from cyberspace)
they have a security problem and pose a rish to my computer!!??
Will appreciate some help and/or advice.
sgt

I am unfamiliar with these two websites but suspect that something needs
updating. Do these have such a feature ? This is only one idea which, if
needed, hopefully would clear up the security problem. \\

Malv

"sgt" <sgt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need assistance!
> Each time I try to go to "My eBay" and/or "PayPal" I receive a "Microsoft
> Security Alert" pop up window regarding security certificate which can not
be
> verified.
>
> When this pop up appears, it freezes and locks itself; thus avoiding its
> removal. It stays in the background while I go to other websites, but
> prevents me from going to eBay and/or PayPal.
>
> I have been going to and using these sites for years; now (from
cyberspace)
> they have a security problem and pose a rish to my computer!!??
> Will appreciate some help and/or advice.
> sgt

They are two of the most popular websites. Normally they are no problem to
access. There would not be an update needed.

"Malvern" <thisis@fak> wrote in message
>I am unfamiliar with these two websites but suspect that something needs
> updating. Do these have such a feature ? This is only one idea which, if
> needed, hopefully would clear up the security problem. \\
>
> Malv
>
> "sgt" <sgt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I need assistance!
>> Each time I try to go to "My eBay" and/or "PayPal" I receive a
>> "Microsoft
>> Security Alert" pop up window regarding security certificate which can
>> not
> be
>> verified.
>>
>> When this pop up appears, it freezes and locks itself; thus avoiding its
>> removal. It stays in the background while I go to other websites, but
>> prevents me from going to eBay and/or PayPal.
>>
>> I have been going to and using these sites for years; now (from
> cyberspace)
>> they have a security problem and pose a rish to my computer!!??
>> Will appreciate some help and/or advice.
>> sgt

Tip

"sgt" <sgt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need assistance!
> Each time I try to go to "My eBay" and/or "PayPal" I receive a "Microsoft
> Security Alert" pop up window regarding security certificate which can not
> be
> verified.
>
> When this pop up appears, it freezes and locks itself; thus avoiding its
> removal. It stays in the background while I go to other websites, but
> prevents me from going to eBay and/or PayPal.
>
> I have been going to and using these sites for years; now (from
> cyberspace)
> they have a security problem and pose a rish to my computer!!??
> Will appreciate some help and/or advice.
> sgt

I would try going to Tools/Internet options/Security/Trusted sites/Sites.
Just add the address to your trusted sites, make sure you don't have the
https box checked and click okay. You may also have to go into the Advanced
tab and remove some of the checked boxes in security section.

Tip

http://gotips.net/

See Tip's suggestions. These may be where the alert id being created.

Malv