Trouble with ATI Tool (& 8800GTS)

t-mac17

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
Hello

I am new here, but I really need help, so I hope someone will find a good solution. First of all, I bought Galaxy 8800GTS two days ago. Of course I want to achieve better performance. nTune sux, so I decided to find better tool and I ended up with ATI Tool (works with nvidia cards). My standard clock is 513/792, so I tried 520/792. I click on "Set clock", then scan for any artifacts and everything was flying so I decided to reboot my comp. Funny, I opened Ati Tool and... there are my standard clocks (513/792)! I repeated this steps and... the same situation! All the time! I don't know what's goin on. This means that I must modify the clocks everytime since I turn on my comp? I hope someone will help me. I've got new ATI Tool (0.26) and nvidia drivers. I read a lot about overclocking 8800s and a lot of people had managed to overclock these cards. I hope You will help me! Thanks in advance and sorry for my English!

Datman

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004
Set up an overclock profile.
Save your settings to the overclock profile.
Set AtiTool to run at start up and load your overclock profile.

Daveyboy

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2004
^^ beat me to it lol
Right put the clock settings you want and save it - go into settings - startup, tick the load profile, and put in the profile you want to start up all the time.

t-mac17

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
Thanks guys, I have done that, everywhere is "520/792" but the thing is the "Current clocks" sign is always saying "Core 513 ; Mem 792". Maybe my card has got blockades or something like that? Besides, I read an article about the same card as mine (also Galaxy) and guys have changed clocks without problem but I can't contact them via PM. :( :( http://overclock.pl/index.php/artykul,testy,101,Galaxy_8800GTS_-_prawie_jak_GTX,3

EDIT/ Ok, everything works fine now. I've used a Find max. core function and the clocks (Current clock and sliders) changed without problem (I stopped though on 600mhz, becuase I decided to do a format and install Win again and try to continue tests on "clean" system).

Thanks!

marcs4020

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2007
I'm running my evga 8800gts 640mb at 630/2000 with no problems at all. You should be able to go a lot higher then you are at right now. Use atitool to artifact check to make sure that your settings are ok. I would also watch the gpu temps along the way.

TRENDING THREADS