  • Microsoft
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 10, 2005 8:55:25 PM

We are new to server2000 so perhaps someone can help. I would like to
get a list (printout) of all users and groups and which folders they
have rights too. Or the reverse, a list of folders on the server and who
has rights to each. Is anything like this possible? (I really don't want
to have to sit beside my IT person and look at each user on a monitor.)
Thanks

More about : rights

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 2:06:23 AM

Well consider this. Not every folder you are concerened about? And there
are many folders you shouldn't be concerened about. But there are some you
are. Why not just check those? Sure using Windows Scripting Host you could
achieve what you want but are you really concerned a user has access to
C:\Program Files\Common Files? Remember the default settings for plain ole
Domain Users is adquate for 90% of users. Lock that group down and you can
make them have virtually no permissions at all. Look at Group Policy.

--
George Hester