Rights, who has what

We are new to server2000 so perhaps someone can help. I would like to
get a list (printout) of all users and groups and which folders they
have rights too. Or the reverse, a list of folders on the server and who
has rights to each. Is anything like this possible? (I really don't want
to have to sit beside my IT person and look at each user on a monitor.)
Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about rights what

    Well consider this. Not every folder you are concerened about? And there
    are many folders you shouldn't be concerened about. But there are some you
    are. Why not just check those? Sure using Windows Scripting Host you could
    achieve what you want but are you really concerned a user has access to
    C:\Program Files\Common Files? Remember the default settings for plain ole
    Domain Users is adquate for 90% of users. Lock that group down and you can
    make them have virtually no permissions at all. Look at Group Policy.

    --
    George Hester
    "noyb" <noyb@anaoymous.ca> wrote in message
    > We are new to server2000 so perhaps someone can help. I would like to
    > get a list (printout) of all users and groups and which folders they
    > have rights too. Or the reverse, a list of folders on the server and who
    > has rights to each. Is anything like this possible? (I really don't want
    > to have to sit beside my IT person and look at each user on a monitor.)
    > Thanks

Microsoft Windows