New Member Server Install

Jimmy

I currently have a W2k member server (the database server) and am going to
take it out of production. I am going to install a new w2k3 member server in
a w2k domain. Can I install the new server, take the old one offline, then
rename the new one and assign the same name and ip address as the old one? Is
there any how to articles that would make this easier? Thanks.

The operating system shouldn't care but the database application probably
does so ask them in one of the groups specific to that application.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]