installing windows 2000 advanced server

Hello,

I have a server with is preinstallation / application cd (with drivers and
other software when boot from here is an assistant to install os - windows
and others) and windows 2000 advanced server.

One time i have configure well the server but at this time i need to format
and reinstall windows but when start by that cd (emulation of windows xp) it
give me an error 52225, line 5137 in setup.c; when start with cd of windows
before the first screen where i press enter to start instalation (obviously
after it give an error that cannot find a disk - all scsi, thats why i need
boot from the cd of preinstallation) it give a blue screen inacessible boot
device.

When i found the article 122926, i suspect that is the scsi cdrom, but
therefore it is impossible i already had install in the first time. I already
changed the scsi cdrom to an ide but the problem remains.

Can someone help me

You'll want to boot the Windows 2000 setup disks or CD-Rom. The set of four
install disks can be created from your Windows 2000 CD-Rom; change to the
\bootdisk directory on the CD-Rom and execute makeboot.exe (from dos) or
makebt32.exe (from 32 bit) and follow the prompts.

Then *F6* very early and very important (at setup is inspecting your system)
in the setup to prevent drive controller detection, and select S to specify
additional drivers. Then later you'll be prompted to insert the manufacturer
supplied Windows 2000 driver for your ultra scsi controller in drive "A"

If you wait and then S to specify additional drivers, then it may be too
late as Windows 2000 Setup at this point may have already assigned the
resources your drive's controller is wanting to use.

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Kulio" wrote:
| Hello,
|
| I have a server with is preinstallation / application cd (with drivers and
| other software when boot from here is an assistant to install os - windows
| and others) and windows 2000 advanced server.
|
| One time i have configure well the server but at this time i need to
format
| and reinstall windows but when start by that cd (emulation of windows xp)
it
| give me an error 52225, line 5137 in setup.c; when start with cd of
windows
| before the first screen where i press enter to start instalation
(obviously
| after it give an error that cannot find a disk - all scsi, thats why i
need
| boot from the cd of preinstallation) it give a blue screen inacessible
boot
| device.
|
| When i found the article 122926, i suspect that is the scsi cdrom, but
| therefore it is impossible i already had install in the first time. I
already
| changed the scsi cdrom to an ide but the problem remains.
|
| Can someone help me

Hi,

After i read your post, "Dave", the situation remains.

I can't boot by cdrom (the setup gives a blue screen inacessible boot device
- like i said before); the set 4 floppy boot starts good but when i press
enter in the first screen the setup output is
"You don't have a drive cdrom, press F3 to exit"
The problem is i already have one time installation succefully with this
scsi cdrom.

I boot to windows 2000 installed and delete all partitions except c:.

Can you help me

Kulio wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have a server with is preinstallation / application cd (with drivers and
>other software when boot from here is an assistant to install os - windows
>and others) and windows 2000 advanced server.
>
>One time i have configure well the server but at this time i need to format
>and reinstall windows but when start by that cd (emulation of windows xp) it
>give me an error 52225, line 5137 in setup.c; when start with cd of windows
>before the first screen where i press enter to start instalation (obviously
>after it give an error that cannot find a disk - all scsi, thats why i need
>boot from the cd of preinstallation) it give a blue screen inacessible boot
>device.
>
>When i found the article 122926, i suspect that is the scsi cdrom, but
>therefore it is impossible i already had install in the first time. I already
>changed the scsi cdrom to an ide but the problem remains.
>
>Can someone help me

What does your CD look like in your bios cmos? Set the first boot
device to boot from SCSI? If it's not on the list you may need a floppy
to boot it. That may be found here: http://www.bootdisk.com/ or from
the manufacturer.

--
Philosophy: That attempt to explain why so much about life makes us cuss.

You're too late on F6 you may also need to supply the manufacturer scsi
CD-Rom driver on floppy.

--

"Kulio" wrote:
| Hi,
|
| After i read your post, "Dave", the situation remains.
|
| I can't boot by cdrom (the setup gives a blue screen inacessible boot
device
| - like i said before); the set 4 floppy boot starts good but when i press
| enter in the first screen the setup output is
| "You don't have a drive cdrom, press F3 to exit"
| The problem is i already have one time installation succefully with this
| scsi cdrom.
|
| I boot to windows 2000 installed and delete all partitions except c:.
|
| Can you help me

Hi,

I don't have any driver for SCSI CD-Rom, because I always boot by the
"preinstallation" cd - this cd have drivers for all line of server by
manufacter.

I gone make a format by the setup of Adaptec SCSI - low format.

If resolved i will make a post only for information, if not i will try other
solutions and contact the manufacter.

Regards.

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> You're too late on F6 you may also need to supply the manufacturer scsi
> CD-Rom driver on floppy.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Kulio" wrote:
> | Hi,
> |
> | After i read your post, "Dave", the situation remains.
> |
> | I can't boot by cdrom (the setup gives a blue screen inacessible boot
> device
> | - like i said before); the set 4 floppy boot starts good but when i press
> | enter in the first screen the setup output is
> | "You don't have a drive cdrom, press F3 to exit"
> | The problem is i already have one time installation succefully with this
> | scsi cdrom.
> |
> | I boot to windows 2000 installed and delete all partitions except c:.
> |
> | Can you help me

Hi,

The problem remains, i don't advice and i now that only in some situations
format at low level.
Now i have "certainty" that i don't have any boot partition, boot sector,
other partition because i have format as you said - the disk still optimal
(the only change is the capacity 33.89 to 34.04 GB).

I will contact the manufacter asking any information of issue in
"application cd - preinstallation".

I didn't update bios yet.

Thanks for all support

Regards

"Kulio" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't have any driver for SCSI CD-Rom, because I always boot by the
> "preinstallation" cd - this cd have drivers for all line of server by
> manufacter.
>
> I gone make a format by the setup of Adaptec SCSI - low format.
>
> If resolved i will make a post only for information, if not i will try other
> solutions and contact the manufacter.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Dave Patrick" wrote:
>
> > You're too late on F6 you may also need to supply the manufacturer scsi
> > CD-Rom driver on floppy.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
> > Microsoft Certified Professional
> > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
> >
> > "Kulio" wrote:
> > | Hi,
> > |
> > | After i read your post, "Dave", the situation remains.
> > |
> > | I can't boot by cdrom (the setup gives a blue screen inacessible boot
> > device
> > | - like i said before); the set 4 floppy boot starts good but when i press
> > | enter in the first screen the setup output is
> > | "You don't have a drive cdrom, press F3 to exit"
> > | The problem is i already have one time installation succefully with this
> > | scsi cdrom.
> > |
> > | I boot to windows 2000 installed and delete all partitions except c:.
> > |
> > | Can you help me

With no mass storage controller driver from the manufacturer you're dead in
the water (so to speak)