Outlook XP On Windows 7 Username / Password Non-Retention

The storage path for Outlook XP data files is C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst which does not appear to work with respect to useername and password storage.

Just wondered if changing the path to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst would create a situation where the outlook username and password were saved on the ISP's server.
3 answers Last reply
More about outlook windows username password retention
  1. What is your goal with having the username and password saved on the ISP's Server?
  2. Thanks for your interest. I'm hoping that it will allow me to use Outlook XP on Windows 7 without having to continually keep re-inputing the username and password as it does now.
  3. I find it strange that there does not appear to be any usable exmples on the net which can apply to my situation.

I'm looking for a generic credential which targets a particular app in this case Microsoft Outlook XP.

One I have seen for Microsoft Outlok 2010 was MS.Outlook:username@domain.com: PUT but this does not appear to work for the XP version.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Microsoft Outlook Outlook Storage Windows XP Windows 7