"Cannot delete file: Cannont read from the source file or ..

"Cannot delete file: Cannont read from the source file or disk"

i'm trying to delete some stuff from unauthorized users on my server and i
get "Cannot delete file: Cannont read from the source file or disk", what
should I do? how should i delete those files??
4 answers Last reply
More about cannot delete file cannont read source file

    "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > "Cannot delete file: Cannont read from the source file or disk"
    >
    > i'm trying to delete some stuff from unauthorized users on my server and i
    > get "Cannot delete file: Cannont read from the source file or disk", what
    > should I do? how should i delete those files??

    If this is an NTFS permission issue then you may need to
    seize ownership of these files and folders.

    i dont know, i've tryed to do everything with permitions trying to get an
    owner ship, trying to do everything... no luck :(

    "Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message

    > "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> "Cannot delete file: Cannont read from the source file or disk"
    >>
    >> i'm trying to delete some stuff from unauthorized users on my server and
    >> get "Cannot delete file: Cannont read from the source file or disk", what
    >> should I do? how should i delete those files??
    >
    > If this is an NTFS permission issue then you may need to
    > seize ownership of these files and folders.

    Your response does not provide much information about
    what you did and what messages (if any) you saw. A good
    starting point would be to click Start / Help. Click the Search
    tab, type Ownership , then double-click "Take ownership
    of a file or folder".

    When posting again, remember that we cannot see your PC.
    Unless you post detailed information, you will receive nothing
    other than guesses.

    > i dont know, i've tryed to do everything with permitions trying to get an
    > owner ship, trying to do everything... no luck :(
    >
    > "Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >> "Cannot delete file: Cannont read from the source file or disk"
    > >>
    > >> i'm trying to delete some stuff from unauthorized users on my server
    and
    > >> get "Cannot delete file: Cannont read from the source file or disk",
    what
    > >> should I do? how should i delete those files??
    > >
    > > If this is an NTFS permission issue then you may need to
    > > seize ownership of these files and folders.

    the message that i get is

    "Cannot delete file: Cannont read from the source file or disk"

    no matter what i do...

    > Your response does not provide much information about
    > what you did and what messages (if any) you saw. A good
    > starting point would be to click Start / Help. Click the Search
    > tab, type Ownership , then double-click "Take ownership
    > of a file or folder".
    >
    > When posting again, remember that we cannot see your PC.
    > Unless you post detailed information, you will receive nothing
    > other than guesses.
    >

    > "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> i dont know, i've tryed to do everything with permitions trying to get an
    >> owner ship, trying to do everything... no luck :(
    >>
    >> "Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > and
    > what
    >> >
    >> > If this is an NTFS permission issue then you may need to
    >> > seize ownership of these files and folders.

Microsoft Servers Windows