"Cannot delete file: Cannont read from the source file or ..

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Servers
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 12, 2005 5:27:50 AM

"Cannot delete file: Cannont read from the source file or disk"

i'm trying to delete some stuff from unauthorized users on my server and i
get "Cannot delete file: Cannont read from the source file or disk", what
should I do? how should i delete those files??

More about : delete file cannont read source file

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 8:46:56 PM

"John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:o 2XWy9wbFHA.3120@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> "Cannot delete file: Cannont read from the source file or disk"
>
> i'm trying to delete some stuff from unauthorized users on my server and i
> get "Cannot delete file: Cannont read from the source file or disk", what
> should I do? how should i delete those files??

If this is an NTFS permission issue then you may need to
seize ownership of these files and folders.
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 3:24:22 AM

i dont know, i've tryed to do everything with permitions trying to get an
owner ship, trying to do everything... no luck :(

"Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message

> "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:o 2XWy9wbFHA.3120@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> "Cannot delete file: Cannont read from the source file or disk"
>>
>> i'm trying to delete some stuff from unauthorized users on my server and
>> get "Cannot delete file: Cannont read from the source file or disk", what
>> should I do? how should i delete those files??
>
> If this is an NTFS permission issue then you may need to
> seize ownership of these files and folders.

June 13, 2005 6:31:19 PM

Your response does not provide much information about
what you did and what messages (if any) you saw. A good
starting point would be to click Start / Help. Click the Search
tab, type Ownership , then double-click "Take ownership
of a file or folder".

When posting again, remember that we cannot see your PC.
Unless you post detailed information, you will receive nothing
other than guesses.

> i dont know, i've tryed to do everything with permitions trying to get an
> owner ship, trying to do everything... no luck :(
>
> "Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:o 2XWy9wbFHA.3120@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> >> "Cannot delete file: Cannont read from the source file or disk"
> >>
> >> i'm trying to delete some stuff from unauthorized users on my server
and
> >> get "Cannot delete file: Cannont read from the source file or disk",
what
> >> should I do? how should i delete those files??
> >
> > If this is an NTFS permission issue then you may need to
> > seize ownership of these files and folders.

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 10:45:30 PM

the message that i get is

"Cannot delete file: Cannont read from the source file or disk"

no matter what i do...

news:o TJ2AD9bFHA.3696@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

!