Dual CPU not display in Task Manager.

Hello all,
I've got a Dell PowerEdge 2450 with Dual P3-800's running Windows 2000
Server SP3.
When I run taskmgr.exe and go to the Performance Tab, the CPU Usage History
shows only one CPU Graph.
Other 2540's show two graphs, one for each CPU.

I've reinstalled the ACPI Multiprocessor driver on the machine and rebooted,
but still only one graph.

Does anyone have any ideas why only one graph is appearing?
I've gone into the system BIOS and it does detect two CPU's.

Thanks,

Paul Landry

Under the "View" menu | "CPU History"
Put a dot by "One Graph per CPU"

"Paul M. Landry" <plandry@fairviewsolutions.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
> I've got a Dell PowerEdge 2450 with Dual P3-800's running Windows 2000
> Server SP3.
> When I run taskmgr.exe and go to the Performance Tab, the CPU Usage
History
> shows only one CPU Graph.
> Other 2540's show two graphs, one for each CPU.
>
> I've reinstalled the ACPI Multiprocessor driver on the machine and
rebooted,
> but still only one graph.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas why only one graph is appearing?
> I've gone into the system BIOS and it does detect two CPU's.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul Landry

Interesting.
I see that there already is a dot next to the One Graph per CPU.
Looking closely at the screen now, I see a green graph and a Red Graph.
I'm assuming these represent the two CPU's.
I'm used to seeing two separate graphs, one for each CPU.
Could this be an INI or Registry file setting that needs changing?

Paul

"Colon Terminus" <Colon_Terminus@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Under the "View" menu | "CPU History"
> Put a dot by "One Graph per CPU"
>

> "Paul M. Landry" <plandry@fairviewsolutions.com> wrote in message
>> Hello all,
>> I've got a Dell PowerEdge 2450 with Dual P3-800's running Windows 2000
>> Server SP3.
>> When I run taskmgr.exe and go to the Performance Tab, the CPU Usage
> History
>> shows only one CPU Graph.
>> Other 2540's show two graphs, one for each CPU.
>>
>> I've reinstalled the ACPI Multiprocessor driver on the machine and
> rebooted,
>> but still only one graph.
>>
>> Does anyone have any ideas why only one graph is appearing?
>> I've gone into the system BIOS and it does detect two CPU's.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Paul Landry

TRENDING THREADS