Recycle bin question??

If you delete a file from your local disk it goes to your recycle bin (if you
have the option set under the recycle bin properties), but if you delete a
file from your network personal folder it does not go the local recycle bin.
I assume since the folder is on the network it is being deleted by the file
server, so it would not go your local bin and probably to the servers bin.
Is there a way to change that? To allow items you delete out of your
personal network folder to go to the recycle bin locally?? Any suggestions??

Only way is 3rd party software.

"WetBehindEars" <WetBehindEars@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If you delete a file from your local disk it goes to your recycle bin (if
you
> have the option set under the recycle bin properties), but if you delete a
> file from your network personal folder it does not go the local recycle
bin.
> I assume since the folder is on the network it is being deleted by the
file
> server, so it would not go your local bin and probably to the servers bin.
> Is there a way to change that? To allow items you delete out of your
> personal network folder to go to the recycle bin locally?? Any
suggestions??

You are correct in your assumptions about network file deletion.

One way to accomplish what you want is:
Right-click drag 'n' drop the file to your desktop.
Choose "Move" from the resultant menu.
Left-click drag 'n' drop the file to your Recycle Bin.

Here's one 3rd. party solution:
http://www.undelete.com/file-recovery/file-recovery.asp

I'm sure there are many others.