BFG 7600gt deal expires Tonight

billdcat4

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
Im sure you all know that Newegg has had the BFG 7600gt midrange graphics card at 80 dollars after 65 dollar MIR for a while now.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814143049

Now if you look at the rebate form you will see that the deal expires on 12/31/06 which the last time I checked was tonight.

The exact price is $78.99 but after midnight, new years eve, or just by 2007, it will likely be $143.

I would love to buy it to upgrade from my x800se 128mb (equivalent to 6600gt), but I already spent enough this holiday season (500gb WD mybook external, Lite-On Lightscribe internal dvd burner, creative Xmod sound card.)

Anyone want to buy it for me feel welcome.

someonewhoisdead

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
it's a great deal to be sure, but the card will only last you 6 months before it wont be running current games at all.

if you buy a 550 gtx 8800 at least it will last you 3 years or so before you want to upgrade.

buying a 7600gt for any amount of money at this point is money completely wasted.

lotussama

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
Thanks for the heads' up. I'll be upgrading from a Geforce 5300 to 7600GT SLI from this deal, I think. I've been scratching my head about whether I wanted to go with the 7600GT SLI or move to a single card such as a 7900GT or an X1950XT.

I guess if I hadn't seen this post, the decision would have been made for me. :)

sweatlaserxp

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
it's a great deal to be sure, but the card will only last you 6 months before it wont be running current games at all.

That's completely pointless. You're trying to compare a $500, state-of-the-art graphics card to one that costs nearly a quarter of that. If someone is really a serious gamer, they're probably not in the market for that card to begin with, unless they have budget constraints. In its price range, the 7600GT is an excellent card. Also, prove to us that no games coming out in the next 6 months will run on the 7600GT. The resolution and settings you desire are what determine what card you should buy.

if you buy a 550 gtx 8800 at least it will last you 3 years or so before you want to upgrade.

Most who are willing to drop that kind of money probably upgrade at least once every two years. You could build a very good desktop PC for $550.

buying a 7600gt for any amount of money at this point is money completely wasted.

Completely depends on what your needs are, and what resolution you play games at. For an occasional gamer who wants a Vista-proof card that can run the back catalogue of games, it wins handily, especially with the generous rebate.

someonewhoisdead

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
i do not communicate well with poor people.

i merely assumed everyone thought like me, and to me only a fool would want to play any game off a 7600 gt. 16xaa!

=0

poor person!

runswindows95

Distinguished
I'm tempted to order one. I don't do any heavy gaming, just want to upgrade my old X300 to something that will handle Vista.

i merely assumed everyone thought like me, and to me only a fool would want to play any game off a 7600 gt. 16xaa!

=0

poor person!

Some of us on this forum have to WORK for a living. Our mommy and daddy doesn't buy us a 8800GTX so we will stop whining like a little girl. So my advice, don't leave this type of BS on the forum.

lltfdaniel

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2006

That's completely pointless. You're trying to compare a $500, state-of-the-art graphics card to one that costs nearly a quarter of that. If someone is really a serious gamer, they're probably not in the market for that card to begin with, unless they have budget constraints. In its price range, the 7600GT is an excellent card. Also, prove to us that no games coming out in the next 6 months will run on the 7600GT. The resolution and settings you desire are what determine what card you should buy.

Most who are willing to drop that kind of money propbably upgrade at least once every two years. You could build a very good desktop PC for $550.

Completely depends on what your needs are, and what resolution you play games at. For an occasional gamer who wants a Vista-proof card that can run the back catalogue of games, it wins handily, especially with the generous rebate.

If you think the game developers and publishers are stupid enough to,put there games out when vista has just come out,your wrong,

I Think dx9 games will still be comeing out and then dx 10, a 7600gt will have enough grunt for dx9 games,if you even played a dx10 game on that card,if it was possible i don't know, you would have to have shaders etc, on bare low i think,or a bit higher then that.

anyways people who got the 8800 should of waited for ati,since these current dx9 cards have enough grunt to play dx9 games at nice detail.

and theres me thinking about suppressed technology that would kill the supply and demand in hardware, :roll: stupid complete useless eater who stuggles to prevail eh...

JMecc

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2006
Some of us on this forum have to WORK for a living. Our mommy and daddy doesn't buy us a 8800GTX so we will stop whining like a little girl. So my advice, don't leave this type of BS on the forum.

I am in full agreement! While my friends had trouble with defective new cards I tested if their game (warcraft) would work on my old FX5700 and it went fine. That FX5700 and the 7600GT both work fine with Vista Aero.

People build computers to be useful multi-purpose machines - if you want it for gaming only, get a console! someonewhoisdead shouldn't you be on one of those damn "My PS3 ownzers all your PCzzzzzzz lozerzz" threads?

Jo

everett

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2004

=0

poor person!

Thats a bold statement to make :? My 76gt does just fine for me.
I see you are on your way to makeing alot of friends here, with that kind of outlook on life :wink:

oldmantran

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2006
FYI for anone wanting to go SLI with the 7600GT. The rebate is limited to only one per receipt, person, address. I ordered two thinking i was getting back 130 bucks on 2 cards. I just RMA'd one with a restocking fee of $21 + 8 bucks shipping. Sad mistake.

everett

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2004
FYI for anone wanting to go SLI with the 7600GT. The rebate is limited to only one per receipt, person, address. I ordered two thinking i was getting back 130 bucks on 2 cards. I just RMA'd one with a restocking fee of $21 + 8 bucks shipping. Sad mistake.

You got screwd by the company\store were you bought them, not the 7600gt card itself.

betunn

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006

=0

poor person!

Well, I don't communicate well with poor idiots like you, who waste a lot of money on the newest hardware.
Thinking that you are better than the rest of us who don't have money to burn, just makes you the "dumb-best" of us.

sweatlaserxp

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
If you think the game developers and publishers are stupid enough to,put there games out when vista has just come out,your wrong,

I Think dx9 games will still be comeing out and then dx 10, a 7600gt will have enough grunt for dx9 games,if you even played a dx10 game on that card,if it was possible i don't know, you would have to have shaders etc, on bare low i think,or a bit higher then that.

anyways people who got the 8800 should of waited for ati,since these current dx9 cards have enough grunt to play dx9 games at nice detail.

and theres me thinking about suppressed technology that would kill the supply and demand in hardware, Rolling Eyes stupid complete useless eater who stuggles to prevail eh...

Do you speak english? I'm "stuggling" to understand what you're saying.

lotussama

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
That's what I was thinking, too. For a $160, getting the GPU components of a 7600GT SLI setup is pretty damned nice.

No, I guess it's not an 8800GTX, but, it's $160, not $600. The more interesting comparison is the SLI 7600GT vs a 7900GT or even an X1950Pro.

sweatlaserxp

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Since you are a d*mbass, I will repeat that it all depends on what you need the card for, and what res./settings you want if you want to play games. What you proposed in your original post is that a smarter alternative would be to purchase the most expensive graphics card on the market, which is in fact retarded if you are not a hardcore gamer.

Secondly, if you are a hardcore gamer, the 8800 will not last you 3 years, as you suggest. Is the 6800 Ultra good enough to run Oblivion or F.E.A.R. at the highest settings? No, it is not.

lotussama

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
OK, I went through some of the...rude guy's recent posts. Saw gems such as...

what's bsod mean
what's a torrent
what's sol, so out of luck?
oem is...?

So...take him with a certain grain of salt. :)

sirheck

Splendid
Feb 24, 2006

a g80 card wont last 3 years.

lotussama

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
No card will last 3 years if you want to stay current, much less any between major releases of directX.

I'm sorry I even noticed this guy at this point. I've looked at some of his other posts...."OMG, you don't buy all the consoles and a high end PC?!, Medicaid!"

Yeah, whatever. If he has to hit the real world someday, he might get some different opinions. :)